Reduced range- new tires or software update?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Vicouscy

Post by Vicouscy »

My V1 has had new tires (now on Kuhmo) and a software update. Since then the range has plummeted. Do I need to change the tires again?

Ponk

Post by Ponk »

What was your consumption before, what is it now?
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
Vicouscy

Post by Vicouscy »

Was 4.4 average and now 3.5
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

Unless you’ve change the tyre size and the overall diameter then the tyres shouldn’t change the range dramatically.

It’s much more likely that something else is at play here, not sure where you are but has the weather deteriorated?

Have you changed driving profile, ie long motorway journey, carrying more people etc?
Vicouscy

Post by Vicouscy »

I’m in the UK and the weather has been pretty ambient for driving but I’m getting the range I normally get in winter. Also not changed driving profile just my usual commute to work. Not sure what else it could be?
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Tyre pressures? Tyre make can make a difference, different rolling resistance.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Roborn

Post by Roborn »

I suspect the software update has cleared all your driving algorithms and the car has to learn your driving style again before the guessometer becomes more accurate for range. My V2 has now done 4000 miles and shows very different range now than when I first drove it, even taking into account the weather.
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

I've found the percentage is far more accurate than the miles/Km estimate.
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Roborn wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:40 am I suspect the software update has cleared all your driving algorithms and the car has to learn your driving style again before the guessometer becomes more accurate for range. My V2 has now done 4000 miles and shows very different range now than when I first drove it, even taking into account the weather.
But this isn't the problem, hence I asked about consumption.

A change in consumption is different from the car guessing how far it will go, which we all know can change for various reasons.

If the car is being driving in similar ways in similar weather etc and the consumption changed from 4.4 to 3.5, then there is something else going on, but I don't know what.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

Ponk wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am
Roborn wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:40 am I suspect the software update has cleared all your driving algorithms and the car has to learn your driving style again before the guessometer becomes more accurate for range. My V2 has now done 4000 miles and shows very different range now than when I first drove it, even taking into account the weather.
But this isn't the problem, hence I asked about consumption.

A change in consumption is different from the car guessing how far it will go, which we all know can change for various reasons.

If the car is being driving in similar ways in similar weather etc and the consumption changed from 4.4 to 3.5, then there is something else going on, but I don't know what.
It is, because they quoted averages. 4.4 average they said, but over what distance and time? 3.5 average now since the average was cleared.
Last edited by milkyway55 on Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.