Lane Assist - remembering the previous setting!

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Is there by chance something I did to make that lane assist icon available? It’s part of smart assist, which is part of driver assist which is accessed by double taping the drive mode page from the main screen, maybe the fact I have drive mode on my seconds page of my main screen makes the option available, or maybe it's to do with the bottom shortcut icons. See more pics, worth a shot.

Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.

Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

Thanks for taking the trouble. My car shows exact same firmware and hardware versions. Mine is V2, 56kWh though, with tech advance pack. Tried everything you've suggested and quite a few other things but it's resolute not to appear! A reset may be the next option but I fear that may bring new pain.
Born1978

Post by Born1978 »

I just had a thorough play with this and I can't get Lane Assist to appear either.
I'm wondering if it's a regional thing, I'm in the UK, I believe you're in Switzerland @Ponk.

But it's still a useful feature that I had no idea about so thanks for explaining it.
I've added Auto Hold and some heating related settings anyway.
Born V3
Hypervolt V3
Octopus Intelligent Go
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

I checked my system this morning. Same as others, no option to add it to the Favourites menu.

I too would love to have a quick and easy way to turn Lane Assist off. It's such a pathetically mediocre feature.
In my experience it has never once intervened in a situation where intervention was actually needed, but has irritated many, many times with pointless, spurious warnings.
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Hey all.

Having it in fav's is just something I took for granted, I have no idea why the UK models (so far) don't seem to have the option.

I just searched a Born review in German, on YT and clicked the first one on the list, check 4:30 timestamp on the video. At 17:40 it shows the software version, just in case that is a factor.

I guess it could be the Euro models have it and UK not, why that is, I have no idea. Maybe worth emailing Cupra, cupradigitalsupport@cupraofficial.com, or asking a dealer.

Without the fav's, I can see it's a real pain to reach the menu, at least you don't have the Skoda lane assist which tries to kill you with it with a really sharp tug of the wheel, the Born assist is much more subtle.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

My Irish model has it there.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

My car in Portugal has it. I had completely forgotten that you can drag and drop different items to the favourites.
Software 3.2.1.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

Any UK with 3.2.1 software able to confirm it's not there?
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

I am in the UK, have 3.2.1, and can confirm it's not there!
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

MikeyB wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:38 pm I am in the UK, have 3.2.1, and can confirm it's not there!
Thanks. Odd isn't it, I can't see why this would be.