can new Cupra Born have recalls?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
JDawes

Post by JDawes »

Hi,

I ordered a v2 77kWh via my employer's leasing scheme but I don't have a delivery date yet. Could a new Born have outstanding recalls at the time I collect it, or is the dealer supposed to deal with them beforehand? If the latter, hopefully the clock only starts ticking on the lease once I collect the car. Would the supplying dealership disclose the VIN before I agree to a collection date, so that I can check for recalls?

thanks

James

phope

Post by phope »

It shouldn't have any outstanding recalls at the point of delivery, but of course, a recall or update could happen the day after you take delivery

I got mine from Tusker as a salary sacrifice and they/the supplying dealership gave me the VIN at my request - I wanted to make sure it was a 2024 model year for example, rather than an older unregistered car that had been sitting for a while somewhere.

Just ask for the VIN and check to satisfy yourself by checking it here: https://checkout.cupraofficial.com.au/o ... ns-recalls
Cupra Born | V2 | 77kWh E-Boost | Geyser Silver | North East Scotland
JDawes

Post by JDawes »

I hadn't thought of checking the model year, thanks for the advice!
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Our original 77kw Born was recalled in transit from Germany. They discovered all 130 odd cars for the UK had a steering power fault. This in retrospect was a good thing.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm