Quick hello from UK - Born V2 - first month

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
cloudfury2

Post by cloudfury2 »

Hi All,

I'm hoping to meet other owners and find tips and tricks to make this experience smoother and simpler.
We've had ours for a month now, and I can't say I'm massively impressed, but the drive is great.

Hoping the tech issues will iron out over time or I'll just get used to the many workarounds needed to get by right now.
The dropping blue tooth connection with my phone is quite boring now, sound gets very distorted, and nothing resolves while in the car, but usually sorted the next time I get in?
I have a lot of niggles right now and hoping I will stop finding them and things will be fine, and maybe it's just me having too higher expectation.
Fiddling with the infotainment is quite stressful at times, particularly while driving, things seem to take extra steps, slow response, or don't seem intuitive and doesn't seem all that not well thought through.
And yes the slider buttons, I don't get them at all?

My biggest concern though is the glare of the dashboard on the windscreen - does anyone else get this?, my eyes are struggling to focus on the road - I see a reflection of the dash contrasting with the darker parts; vents and heads up. It's become such an issue for me that my partner drives now. I'm not sure how this wasn't picked up on any testing of the vehicle and seems a bit dangerous. A few people have suggested polarised sun glasses, which I've ordered, so waiting to see if that works. Issue is I see the glare even on murky dark days, so not sure sunglasses are the best solution

Ok so that's me for now,
Hopefully next message I'll try to be a little more positive, I really want to love this car as we've committed to it for some time

Thanks all
Cloud

Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

I have a Born V2. I haven’t noticed an issue with the dashboard being reflected in the windscreen. I suspect it’s one of those things where once you notice it, you get drawn to looking at it. Luckily I am on holiday in Spain- if I was to check it out in my own car I might end up being afflicted as well.
QuasarBorn

Post by QuasarBorn »

I have noticed the glare from my dash but it really doesn't bother me. Just like the heads up dispaly, I dont really notice it and keep looking back at the drivers screen instead for my speed. The wife on the other hand cant drive with it switched on :lol:
cloudfury2

Post by cloudfury2 »

Cliffjp wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:55 am I have a Born V2. I haven’t noticed an issue with the dashboard being reflected in the windscreen. I suspect it’s one of those things where once you notice it, you get drawn to looking at it. Luckily I am on holiday in Spain- if I was to check it out in my own car I might end up being afflicted as well.
Thanks for your response, I'm sorry I mentioned it and hope it doesn't affect you. Maybe I'll just get used to it, but certainly on our previous car the dashboard was mostly just one contour where as the Born dash has a lot of detail and it is quite a reflective surface
Last edited by cloudfury2 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

Cloudfury2 It’s nice of you to be concerned but I’m sure I won’t focus on it. I think if you notice something as you have, you initially think something is wrong, perhaps even a design fault, but once you have accepted it, your brain ignores it. I’m confident you’ll get used to it.
JurassicBorn

Post by JurassicBorn »

Cliffjp wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:55 am I have a Born V2. I haven’t noticed an issue with the dashboard being reflected in the windscreen. I suspect it’s one of those things where once you notice it, you get drawn to looking at it. Luckily I am on holiday in Spain- if I was to check it out in my own car I might end up being afflicted as well.
I am also down in Spain, getting away from the UK winter. Going to be interesting to see what my 12v battery is like when we get back after 10 weeks😳

I have never noticed any glare from the dashboard to screen, we turned the HUD off.
OP, you do get used to the touch screen and buttons quite quickly.
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh
2023 Porsche Boxster GTS 4.0
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
WoT

Post by WoT »

14 months and 14000 miles after buying it, i have learned to live with the worst issues (like lane assist), avoid the flashy but gritty things which increase my disappointment (like voice control) and forget any prospect of a software update which might fix any of them. Then i don't fret. Much.
58kwh v2 Dec 22
cloudfury2

Post by cloudfury2 »

Hi all,

Can I Just ask if anyone else is getting this excessive wetness on the inside of the door seals
Wondering whether this needs to checked in for investigation ?

Thanks

thumbnail_IMG_6218.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6217.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6208.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6207.jpg

milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

It won't happen if you keep your doors closed, in that I mean it's opening the doors that causes it.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.