Infotainment constantly telling me off for trying to use it -

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Hello everyone hope your having a great week!

Does anyone know how to turn this message off I keep getting popping up, I can't do anything until it goes away after like 10 seconds - It started coming up over the last 7 days when im just trying to change radio station or god forbid touch my infotainment system a few times while driving

I hate this kind of babysitting crap

Thanks in advance lol

Liam

tempImage7i1olV.gif

mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

That's odd. I've only seen that warning very rarely, and only if I'm messing about tin the settings, but it could also be triggered by sensors that monitor driver alertness.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Yeah it happens when Im just changing heating settings or radio stations, hoping its just a glitch as its not done it today but I didn't really try to use the screen while I was driving. Ill keep an eye on it
Tyrellcorp71

Post by Tyrellcorp71 »

That's never appeared on my infotainment screen. It looks like a fault, don't let the dealership fob you off
Nightdog02

Post by Nightdog02 »

I get this every time I start the car.
I thought it was just something that popped up, I'd be interested to know if this isn't something I have to put up with
CUPRA Born E boost V3 / Pilot L / Tech M / 77kwh / Vapor Grey
KIA E Niro 4+
Bazzachazza

Post by Bazzachazza »

On the steering wheel mounted display, if the sun as the right angle you can see a small lens of a camera, now I appreciate you may already be aware of this but it’s purely to rule out driver behaviour.

That camera is watching the driver. It’s watching your head movements and eye movements, plus linked to the main screen touch panel it will detect when you are not paying enough attention to the road. It has happened to me as well when I’ve tried to do “too much” interaction with the nav or temp controls.

So if you are being naughty and constantly touching the display then it’s your fault.

If you aren’t doing anything then it’s a car fault. Is there a setting to switch it off, I can’t remember.
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Bazzachazza wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:17 pm On the steering wheel mounted display, if the sun as the right angle you can see a small lens of a camera, now I appreciate you may already be aware of this but it’s purely to rule out driver behaviour.

That camera is watching the driver. It’s watching your head movements and eye movements, plus linked to the main screen touch panel it will detect when you are not paying enough attention to the road. It has happened to me as well when I’ve tried to do “too much” interaction with the nav or temp controls.

So if you are being naughty and constantly touching the display then it’s your fault.

If you aren’t doing anything then it’s a car fault. Is there a setting to switch it off, I can’t remember.
Oh yeah I know about the little camera noticed it when I was using the flash on my phone and ended up googling it, yeah the way I have interacted with the screen has never changed since I got the car in December but only this past few weeks its been coming up with the message
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

How long between you start to interact with the screen and this message?
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.
born_owner

Post by born_owner »

Interesting. Mine goes through phases of doing this constantly, then not bothering for a while, then nagging me incessantly again. Will try moving around in front of the camera and seeing what happens.
Born V2, 77kW, e-Boost, Vapour Grey
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

If it helps, having CarPlay (or potentially Android Auto) active disables these prompts.