Wipers...

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
ZPatel

Post by ZPatel »

Hi,

So I've noticed this issue too and took my car in yesterday for a few other things to be looked at. Turns out Cupra have just rolled out their new systems update and this is one of the issues that should be addressed in that. It probably won't be rolled out until mid July they told me so I have had it booked in again for then. A lot of the system issues e.g. settings being lost should also be fixed by this new update they've said.

jimjamming

Post by jimjamming »

Born_in_MCR wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:02 pm
jimjamming wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:49 am Got my Born two weeks ago, and I LOVE it. A really lovely drive, and I've not experienced any problems yet...

...apart from the wipers. Aside from them being for a left hand-drive car and leaving a line of water directly in my vision, the main issue is that the automatic rain sensor doesn't work. Doesn't sense rain at all. They work as intermittent wipers when I switch the automatic rain sensing off in the menu, but when you turn it on they wipe once and then they're ready to call it a day.

I've booked it in with my "local" dealership - a 45 minute drive - and they're going to look at it halfway through July, which was their next appointment date. A bit disappointing. Surely that should be something that's checked as part of the pre-delivery checks? "Does the rain sensor sense rain?"

Until then I will be manually wiping...
I've double-check the rain detection on my 2 week old V2 Born & I have to "Disable" (indicator goes from Orange to grey) for the wipes to work when raining, if I re-enable they stop reacting to the sensor - Strange...
Has anyone else noticed/tested this? What's the best support email address to report this issue?
Thanks in advance...
Hi! So I think by turning the sensor "off" in the settings menu, you're effectively turning it into a normal intermittent wiper. I initially thought that it was a bug in the system where "on" was actually "off" and vice versa, but I'm fairly certain that by turning the sensor off you make that first notch on the right hand stalk ""intermittent" rather than "auto".

I turned the sensor off so that I could still use the wipers in light rain without them constantly going and in that first notch, the wipers never go any quicker than intermittent.

My car is in the dealership today, so hopefully they'll be able to sort it!
Mattborn24

Post by Mattborn24 »

I’m having the same issue on my 2 week old CUPRA born v2. Tried all the settings and the rain sensor won’t activate the wipers. Is there a fix for this?
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

Mattborn24 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:37 am I’m having the same issue on my 2 week old CUPRA born v2. Tried all the settings and the rain sensor won’t activate the wipers. Is there a fix for this?
What position is the steering wheel stalk in? It needs to be in intermittent, i.e. one down from off.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

I have my setting as "Wipe automatically in the rain" enabled

WiperSetting.png

and this does exactly what you would expect. When the wiper stalk is in "intermittent" mode (ie, 1st setting down from Off), it wipes automatically according to the conditions.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
Mattborn24

Post by Mattborn24 »

Stalk is in intermediate and wipe automatically is selected in settings. Had a technician come out and looks like a visit to main dealer