Phone charging issues

All CUPRA Born related discussions
ozy757

Post by ozy757 »

Hey all

I’ve got the V1 Born without the wireless charge point.
My iPhone really struggles to charge via the usb-c even with the cables that came with the car. Anyone else have this issue?

I’ve asked Cupra for a price to retrofit the wireless charge point but not heard back yet.

Any suggestions welcome 👍

Baconrage

Post by Baconrage »

Yours came with usb cables?
V3 58kwh e-boost in Quasar gray.
ozy757

Post by ozy757 »

It did yeah but they don’t work very well
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

My Samsung works OK with it. It's a slowish charge though. The cable set that came with the car snapped after a few months. The way the port is located in that armrest cubby makes it very easy to bend or snap it.
Born V2 Vapour Grey
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

Really struggle to get the Iphone to charge on the wireless pad
Cupra Born V2 E Boost. Aurora Blue
Roborn

Post by Roborn »

I have a Ford which works and charges faultlessly with wired Apple CarPlay - it should have come with a charging pad but didn’t due to chip shortages at the time and tbh I’m glad I don’t have it. As others have said they get very hot and potentially damage the phone. My Born V2 has the pretend pad with no charger and I just use an Anker cable instead of the complicated Cupra adapter. I’ve never had any issue charging the phone this way - but even when in use CarPlay drops out occasionally. Is there a way of making the car default to wired CarPlay when the phone is plugged in this way?
ozy757

Post by ozy757 »

Thanks. Sounds like the wireless pad is better off not having. Will look at an Anker cable 👍
Bazzachazza

Post by Bazzachazza »

Both Leon PHEV and Born charging pads are a brochure gimmick. Rarely work, probably a very small sweet spot much like the charging pads I have at home. I suspect with it being in a car and the movements it moves off it very easily.

Had no issues with the USB sockets, I’d suggest new cables. Supplied ones possibly are very cheap quality and transfer very low/slow charge. New ones should correct the issue.
Bazzachazza

Post by Bazzachazza »

Roborn wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:04 pm I have a Ford which works and charges faultlessly with wired Apple CarPlay - it should have come with a charging pad but didn’t due to chip shortages at the time and tbh I’m glad I don’t have it. As others have said they get very hot and potentially damage the phone. My Born V2 has the pretend pad with no charger and I just use an Anker cable instead of the complicated Cupra adapter. I’ve never had any issue charging the phone this way - but even when in use CarPlay drops out occasionally. Is there a way of making the car default to wired CarPlay when the phone is plugged in this way?
If I recall correctly you do it at the very first connection. It gives you a choice when setting up to use wired or wireless. Go back in to the phone button and settings from there and delete your phone and set it up again.
parms239

Post by parms239 »

ozy757 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:20 pm Hey all

I’ve got the V1 Born without the wireless charge point.
My iPhone really struggles to charge via the usb-c even with the cables that came with the car. Anyone else have this issue?

I’ve asked Cupra for a price to retrofit the wireless charge point but not heard back yet.

Any suggestions welcome 👍
Did you hear back from Cupra? What did they quote you?