Water in the boot!

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
sheeno25

Post by sheeno25 »

Mitt wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:38 pm @sheeno25 did you manage to get this sorted? Mine is booked in for end of Jan (Recalls), but noticed water in the tailgate section over the last day or two…

So it’s back! X4 new Michelin e primacy tyres. Mine originally had the Goodyears. Striker pin replaced. Software updated. And battery test completed (it passed). I was kind of hoping it
would fail as the mileage is appalling at the moment, getting 187 on a full charge. (V1 58kwh). Was getting 230 6 months ago when I first got the car.

Regarding the water in the tailgate, they seem to think it’s a seal that sits behind the light fittings. They didn’t exactly say what they were called. Unfortunately the seals are on back order with no eta. They will call me when they arrive to get booked in to replace. They have temporarily used sealant, which so far seems to have done the trick!

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Mine was finally done today. Apparently it was a manufacturing defect in the boot handle seal and the handle was replaced.
sheeno25

Post by sheeno25 »

TheBornIDentity wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:06 pm Mine was finally done today. Apparently it was a manufacturing defect in the boot handle seal and the handle was replaced.
Well my tailgate is still filling with rain water even after a temporary fix until the parts arrive on back order.

Interesting that your garage found it was the boot handle seal, has it leaked yet with all the rain we've been having?
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

sheeno25 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:58 am
TheBornIDentity wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:06 pm Mine was finally done today. Apparently it was a manufacturing defect in the boot handle seal and the handle was replaced.
Well my tailgate is still filling with rain water even after a temporary fix until the parts arrive on back order.

Interesting that your garage found it was the boot handle seal, has it leaked yet with all the rain we've been having?
It didn’t work and is full of water again. Very annoyed!
Mitt

Post by Mitt »

Finally had mine done yesterday…boot handle seal replaced. Time will tell I suppose 🫣

*EDIT* Now being collected next week once again as the tailgate is still collecting water…
sheeno25

Post by sheeno25 »

Mine was in again last week to finally have the seals repalced behind the tail lights, in the process they found another leak. Again these parts are on back order with no ETA.

Intrestingly they have not mentioned anything regarding the boot handle seal.