Charge at Preferred Times Failure

All CUPRA Born related discussions
lnjs

Post by lnjs »

Does anyone know a fix for the "Charge at Preferred Times" setting magically changing itself to "Charge Immediately" in the middle of a charge?

Due to my tariff, I have the car set to charge from 00.00-05.00. I can see both in the car and on the app that the car is set to "Charge at Preferred Times". When I plug it in (3 pin plug), the green light on the charge pulses. All fine. It starts charging at midnight as per the schedule.

On some occasions everything is fine, the car has charged for 5 hours and stopped. On others, for no reason I can discern, it changes to "Charge Immediately" while charging and so continues to charge beyond 5am and into peak energy prices. Has anyone else experienced this and has anyone found a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

WoT

Post by WoT »

Yes I've experienced it, today. I tried to use the app at first but changed my mind and set it to Preferred Time in the car, as usual. I then found it had immediately charged 30 per cent so i went to the car and reset it there. I suspect the app settings (which i hadn't checked) had countermanded the car settings.
58kwh v2 Dec 22
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

The Cupra charge app is generally I’ll thought of, personally I used the Zappi app to start and then the Octopus app, but you say your on a 13amp (3 pin/granny) charger, in which case I would suggest leaving the car on charge straight away and plugging in via a timer socket (either app controlled or mechanical) think you’d have much less of a headache.

Assuming the reason for not using a 7kw charger is access/costs then I’d look into CoCharger, it’s possible that a charger is available near you at a faster charge rate for a good price.

I charge 10p per kw for others to use my charger between 23:30-05:30 and 38p outside those hours, that’s on a 22kw charger (you’ll only get 11kw on the Born)

Obviously you may have a member with a charger next door or 10 miles away, but it’s worth looking.