Opinions on pre-purchase protective treatments.

All CUPRA Born related discussions
dlyates

Post by dlyates »

Hi,
I'm soon to take delivery of a new Cupra Born. Just wondering if anyone has feedback on the following treatments being offered?
  • Graphene Ceramic paint protection
  • Ceramic window tinting
  • Windscreen Integra Shield
Any comments/advice welcome

Ponk

Post by Ponk »

See this thread a few down from yours.

viewtopic.php?t=1151
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
dlyates

Post by dlyates »

Thanks. I think I had alrady decided againt the ceramic paint coating and interior protection. Was still tossing up about the tinting and/or windscreen coating.
Sounds like the consensus is you can get these cheaper after market anyway?
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

All of them are a complete waste of money. They only work if you retreat them with special products and add absolutely no value whatsoever to the resale value.

I’ve had 7 cars from new and nobody has ever asked me if they were treated or added any more for trade in if they were.

They are basically a con.

You can buy plenty of aftermarket products that will do the same thing but don’t work for ever like the ones the dealership sells you won’t. But if you tell the dealer you want it if it’s free they will probably give it to you and a nice hamper of clean products because they get commission selling it to you. Basically they will give it away to get a bonus if they are a bit short!

If you want windscreen coating then buy rainx from Halfords. Much cheaper and when it stops working you can spray more on. Trust me the stuff they sell you will stop working and you’ll need to spray something else on.