Trip recorder reset?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Born_Free

Post by Born_Free »

Just taken possession of my V2 this week, and trying to get my head around the many features,

One thing that is still puzzling me however, and I hoped would have been very basic, is changing the trip recorder to zero!

I can change it on the infotainment screen, however it does not change it on the dashboard. Is there something I'm missing or doing incorrectly?

Thanks

JBorn

Post by JBorn »

There is three trip recorder modes...
  • since start (when a new journey is classed as a new start is mystery only the cupra devs know)
  • since charge
  • long term
To change the trip recorder mode on your dash you can press "OK" on the steering wheel to switch between the three trip computer modes.

If you have a different mode selected on the dash compared to the one you are resetting in the infotainment system, that is why it isn't updating for you on the dashboard.
Born_Free

Post by Born_Free »

Brilliant thanks, I’ll take another look tomorrow
Boran

Post by Boran »

The trip counters cannot be reset, as it could be done with traditional petrol VW models (I had an Eos before)
headwrong

Post by headwrong »

On the Driving Data section of the infotainment screen there's a "0.0" button for resetting the long-term trip counter.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

headwrong wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 am On the Driving Data section of the infotainment screen there's a "0.0" button for resetting the long-term trip counter.
That is my understanding. The equivalent of the standard ICE trip section on an odometer is the Long Term data. You can reset that to zero as said but in doing so you delete the long term data that goes with it. My Long term data goes back to June 22 when I picked my car up so have been more interested in the miles/kW over that period.
That is currently 4.2miles/kW as I go through the second Winter season.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
JBorn

Post by JBorn »

Born_Free wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:29 pm Brilliant thanks, I’ll take another look tomorrow
No problem

Let us know if you have any other questions about it!