Preparing for delivery of Born

All CUPRA Born related discussions
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

TheBornIDentity wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:32 pm I traded my Born in yesterday 🙁 (I got a lemon as far as I’m concerned so will refrain from slagging the Born off) but the car I bought comes with a granny cable but not a type 2. I expected the opposite so nabbed my type 2 just before handing the car over and have a spare granny cable!

To be honest I’ve hardly ever used it and I’d not recommend buying one. It’s the sort of thing you think you’ll need when you get your first EV but won’t. As mentioned above it’s a bit like asking to siphon petrol from someone’s car in reality and holiday lets and the like are asking you not to charge from outlets.

Anyway, if you really want one message me and you can have my spare for £50 if you want to meet at a nearby services. I’m in Gloucestershire. It’s a VAG one. I’ve got not use for it and I’d just give it away but it cost £180!
Oh no, do I need to be worried and cancel my order :oops:

Really appreciate the offer mate but I'm North West based and to get it from you would probably mean spending near to the cost of buying one online - unless that is you can get to or near Warrington haha!

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

RedPanda wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:17 pm
TheBornIDentity wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:32 pm I traded my Born in yesterday 🙁 (I got a lemon as far as I’m concerned so will refrain from slagging the Born off) but the car I bought comes with a granny cable but not a type 2. I expected the opposite so nabbed my type 2 just before handing the car over and have a spare granny cable!

To be honest I’ve hardly ever used it and I’d not recommend buying one. It’s the sort of thing you think you’ll need when you get your first EV but won’t. As mentioned above it’s a bit like asking to siphon petrol from someone’s car in reality and holiday lets and the like are asking you not to charge from outlets.

Anyway, if you really want one message me and you can have my spare for £50 if you want to meet at a nearby services. I’m in Gloucestershire. It’s a VAG one. I’ve got not use for it and I’d just give it away but it cost £180!
Oh no, do I need to be worried and cancel my order :oops:

Really appreciate the offer mate but I'm North West based and to get it from you would probably mean spending near to the cost of buying one online - unless that is you can get to or near Warrington haha!
If you really want a granny cable that one would cost you less than £15 to add on as postage, but I admire Born Identity's honesty in saying you probably won't ever need to use it. :lol:

I think he got a lemon. We've had one issue with ours, the rear camera stopped working.

I have to say, given the current low valuations of used BEVs in general, if you're buying privately and not PCPing, I would buy a used one and save a small fortune! With 0% APR finance available right now, if you are a private buyer, I would take the 0% terms and be prepared to hand back at the end of term if it is worth less than the GFV. However - check you agreed finance terms, it may be that they have better terms currently than the new 0% offer e.g. if GFV is £5k higher on the old terms, and tge 0% deal saves you £,4k in interest for a £5k lower GFV, you might be better on your old agreed terms - check your numbers!
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Just a note for a different opinion on the granny.
I got my one with my first ID3 and had to wait almost a year before I was able to get a home charger because of building work requirements. The granny provided all home charging in that period. I used it twice on vacation on the Isle of Wight when staying in a log cabin with the Leisure Parks OK (Charging on the IoW is poor) Charged twice at my Sisters Farm House in Ratlinghope Shropshire and at least three times when I have had issues with my Solo. For me it's an essential spare and well worth the investment. Just don't plug it into a worn or cheap outlet.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Agreed on its use as a short term stop gap if you don't have a home charger yet, but intend to get one.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Daveion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:39 pm Just a note for a different opinion on the granny.
I got my one with my first ID3 and had to wait almost a year before I was able to get a home charger because of building work requirements. The granny provided all home charging in that period. I used it twice on vacation on the Isle of Wight when staying in a log cabin with the Leisure Parks OK (Charging on the IoW is poor) Charged twice at my Sisters Farm House in Ratlinghope Shropshire and at least three times when I have had issues with my Solo. For me it's an essential spare and well worth the investment. Just don't plug it into a worn or cheap outlet.
monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:23 pm Agreed on its use as a short term stop gap if you don't have a home charger yet, but intend to get one.
Cheers both, as above with going to Wales it's usually a case we stay at the parents static caravan so this is really the only point I'd use it - I'd equally feel bad going to houses and ask to siphon some charge :lol:

Getting a charger up at the van may/will be tricky which is why I was considering it as a emergency situation.

Granted everyone's opinion then, where will be cheapest to pick one up? The ones on Amazon are upwards of 200 quid :o
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Daveion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:39 pm Just a note for a different opinion on the granny.
monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:23 pm Agreed on its use as a short term stop gap if you don't have a home charger yet, but intend to get one.
Cheers both, as above with going to Wales it's usually a case we stay at the parents caravan so this is really the only point I'd use it - I'd equally feel bad going to houses and ask to siphon some charge :lol:

Granted everyone's opinion then, where will be cheapest to pick one up? The ones on Amazon are upwards of 200 quid :o