Transport Blocks

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Countrydweller

Post by Countrydweller »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:11 pm
Born2Ride wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:17 pm That's a really poor effort from the stealers, they should have been falling over themselves to apologize and make good. 400 miles with them installed could have caused damage, I suggest you keep all evidence of what happened just in case. I take it the ride was notably different? Perhaps not, if just one left I guess that's quite a lot of travel before the block stops the spring compression?
400 miles with them in, I'd find it hard to imagine that the top mount bearings aren't wrecked. I had them in for all of 80 miles on my Golf R and that wrecked the top mount bearings.

On front heavy ICE cars like the Golf, you only get the pucks on the front struts to stop the front end bouncing off the end stops of the front shocks on the ship from Emden. Given that the Born is heavy all over, with even weight distribution, I wonder whether they only put the pucks on the front struts, or all 4 struts.
Just the front struts

mxcarpentry

Post by mxcarpentry »

Had my born 3 months now and the first day thought I had an issue but was told its sports suspension and would be tougher than my discovery sports and they would book it in for next available slot 3 changed appointments later still nothing so decided to look at it and found the pucks installed.Some tasty damage and am sure front wheels have taken a pounding as I know I have 4500 miles and no garage time solved myself till 2 weeks time at next probably rescheduled appointment.

20240424_193819.jpg

20240424_193816.jpg

Ponk

Post by Ponk »

That is absolutely shocking! I hope you get that all fixed and some goodies from the garage as a good will! I'm gonna check mine later, just in case!
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.