Can't open bonnet

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Tyrellcorp71

Post by Tyrellcorp71 »

Hello

More problems!

I've pulled the lever under the dash and kept the driver's door open. The bonnet pops up but I can find any mechanism underneath to release it.

Has anyone else had this problem. I've run out of washer fluid so I desperately need to refill it.

Thanks

Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Pop the bonnet, lift it up further with you fingers, you can even look in and see the black vertical lever right in the middle above the Cupra badge, push lever left to release the bonnet. Slam shut when finished.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
SirRahikkala

Post by SirRahikkala »

It might be that the latch has broken since there is a active recall on those and mine was also snapped and I had to use tools to reach the mechanism to open it.

Näyttökuva 2023-12-02 163715.png

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."
Toiletduck

Post by Toiletduck »

It took me ages to open it first time. I was watching multiple videos online guides etc. I was starting to think it was broken but the catch is just a little different to previous cars I've had. You push the catch to the side unlike pulling it forwards as is typical for lots of cars. Once you've found it it's easy.
Nojus99

Post by Nojus99 »

SirRahikkala wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:37 pm It might be that the latch has broken since there is a active recall on those and mine was also snapped and I had to use tools to reach the mechanism to open it.

Näyttökuva 2023-12-02 163715.png
Hi, how did you manage to open it? It seems like mine snapped at the bonnet latch, did yours too?
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

I had the same issue! Called roadside assist who managed to apply a temp fix before I was able to then take the car to the dealership to get it properly fixed.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
antoniomapinho

Post by antoniomapinho »

That's probably why Mercedes doesn't provide a bonnet in the first place... :)