New Born owner here saying hello *Wave*

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Roborn wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:19 am I believe you need a smart meter for any of the cheap energy providers, otherwise your charger won’t know when cheap energy is being supplied?
Not too sure, with my Ohme pod I just set it to not charge above my night rate which I manually added both the day/night rate into the tarrif section, and then I just manually choose how many miles I want adding that night and the charger does the rest.

milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

whathappened? wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:36 am
Roborn wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:19 am I believe you need a smart meter for any of the cheap energy providers, otherwise your charger won’t know when cheap energy is being supplied?
Not too sure, with my Ohme pod I just set it to not charge above my night rate which I manually added both the day/night rate into the tarrif section, and then I just manually choose how many miles I want adding that night and the charger does the rest.
You're referring to different things again.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

Boris7 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:03 am Hi Whateverhappened,

I wasn’t having a dig mate, just curious as that would do my head in personally.

We’re all different, I can’t stand cables draped around, even tidy my neighbours for him sometimes, he on the other hand washes all 3 of my cars every now and then as I never do, and it drives him up the wall.
Oh its all good I know you wasn't man :), soon as my cars charged by time im ready to leave I re wrap the cable give it a wipe if its been raining and put It back in its bag and tidy away, I got a 5m cable with my charger so I keep the yellow one in the car for when im out and about and the other at home. I let my missus drive my car the other night and she loved it that much she's went and bought an EV the next day! Haha - she's picking up a 2022 corsa electric on Monday! She's upgrading from a 07 Corsa D which she absolutely ran into the ground! bloody things heating hasn't worked in a month so she's been wrapping up for the drive to work lol her new one is a lovely example. She's not into cars like I am but she is really looking forward to it, Its fully loaded Elite Premium model with all the bells and whistles.
whathappened?

Post by whathappened? »

milkyway55 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:41 am
whathappened? wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:36 am
You're referring to different things again.
Sorry im not sure I follow? I know the smart part of the charger with certain tariffs can stop and start its charging based on the price with octopus etc but you can still use the charger as a "dumber" version and just manually set when it charger so you still only charge during when your suppliers cheap rate starts and begins right?