Dashcam Question(s)

All CUPRA Born related discussions
TaylorT2

Post by TaylorT2 »

Hi all,

Looking at getting a dash cam for when my Born arrives. Just a quick few questions to those who have dash cams in their Born.

Is it easy enough for a fitter to do? My last car had a dashcam and it was a really big pain due to the location of the nearest fuse box?

Is it also easy enough to hide the cables without needing to alter the car a lot?

I'd be getting a front and rear dash cam

Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

It is easy enough for a fitter to do the install but don’t use RS Connect. I booked them to fit dashcams to three cars and they messed up all three installations. I should add that I had Nextbase dashcams in two of them (the units themselves were fine).
TaylorT2

Post by TaylorT2 »

Cliffjp wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:20 pm It is easy enough for a fitter to do the install but don’t use RS Connect. I booked them to fit dashcams to three cars and they messed up all three installations. I should add that I had Nextbase dashcams in two of them (the units themselves were fine).
I'm thinking about just using Halfords as they have a deal in their next base cams at the min
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It's a 1.5 hour DIY job if you know what you're doing. Fuse box is easy to tap into. I put a ThinkwareF770 front/back into our Born. I think there's a guide on here somewhere that I contributed to.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565