Newbie (ish) Here

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
s3akr

Post by s3akr »

We got our used V3 in late August and love it. We've already put 4300 miles on it, and covered a number of long trips of about 380 miles round trip to the City Ground to see Forest cling on a point here and there!

It came direct from Cupra with almost exactly 3k miles on it, having been registered in Dec 2022. It was supposedly a 'managers car' but who knows! Anyhow, it was well priced, immaculate condition, and optioned with everything I'd have gone for on a new one, but no pano roof unfortunately.

We switched to Intelligent Octopus for our home charging (Zappi 2) and it works seamlessly with the car - really pleased with that combo.

The many comments in the press about the poor software etc aren't without foundation, but they are very much over-egged and made out to be much worse than they actually are. I took about a week to simply get used to it and I've only had one major glitch where the car decided for the rest of the journey back to Colchester that I was in South Mimms services after I charged there! I couldn't stop the satnav (I now know how to hard reset it) and it kept braking for cars and trucks I was over taking if ACC was engaged! But in 4300 miles, that is the one and only major glitch I've experienced.

We have a really annoying rattle behind the dash board (front left corner under that rubber pad) that it's going in for, but it seems it's a common issue so hopefully an easy fix.

Anyhow, as a veteran of a number of SEAT cars (Leon 1, 2, 3 and a Toledo 1) plus all sorts of VAG cars (Audi, Porsche, Skoda, VW) I reckon I'm in good hands with this, our first EV.
2022 Born V3 77KW - Aurora Blue, Beats, DCC, Heat Pump, Cargo Pack, 20" Blizzard Copper Wheels, Tech Pack M, Aurora Blue Seats
2021 Macan GTS (too many options)
2012 Cayman R (the right options)
1998 Boxster 2.5 (full poverty spec + 15 bad owners)