Massive battery recall check - TPI 93Q2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

My Born (V2 e-boost) has been at Southampton for 6 weeks waiting for a new canbus comms module. No sign of getting it back anytime soon.

Deleted User 708

Post by Deleted User 708 »

So.... still unclear.

Nothing except the latest software update is showing when I check my VIN number (S-Flash action BORN ME 3.2.1 update). Not doing that as it works fine at the moment.

Therefore, I assume my battery is OK? Purchased October 2022 :roll:
Why are people giving their cars over for weeks on end and having hire cars? Can't you use the Born until the battery pack arrives?
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

They did the battery check and it was ok. The module blew up while they were checking it. It is now undriveable.
Deleted User 708

Post by Deleted User 708 »

Amazing.... :roll:

Much as I do LOVE my Cupra and how it drives, electric cars are going to be the next mis-sold scandal. It's clearly not the long term future is it.

All cars have issues. Most car forums are gripey people who have problems with them and a few who love em. I... touch wood, have not really had too many problems to deal with (and I hope it stays that way).

But, my next car will be back to petrol/diesel :shock: Just don't see the infrastructure improving at all, and the range restriction I find annoying (as in... can't blat up to Scotland for the weekend or over to France without significant planning for charging).
But I DID know that when I bought it, and thought things would improve. The cost of charging on forecourts in now disgusting.
daern

Post by daern »

My car is in today for the battery module check and 3.2.1 software update, so fingers crossed nothing untoward is found. Had to drive two hours to a garage that would do it as my local one absolutely refused to do either the software update *or* battery check, despite Cupra themselves confirming that they could do both. Gnnn.

Was given an ICE Seat Arona as a loan car. Dreadful thing it is ;-)
ECBornUser

Post by ECBornUser »

Car now been in 4 days for recalls and software. Also had to replace parts of driveshafts. The clunking reported on these forums can obviously lead to damage ( 1 year, 10k miles)

Just been told 1 cell failed and will go to a BCC. They're saying worst case won't be back till March '24!!!!! They're taking back the courtesy ICE car and plan to hire me an electric long term replacement.

Crewe SEAT are good and taking it seriously. They seem happy to listen to quotes from here to direct them to fixes. This forum has been great for that. Thanks everyone.

Issue seems to be a serious lack of trained capacity. Was a 2 month wait for the recall work and now this.
daern

Post by daern »

Bad luck, that. Mine came back with 3.2.1 and a clean bill of battery health. Bit worried that it's doing odd things with delayed-start charging, but will give it a few days to see how it pans out.
ECBornUser

Post by ECBornUser »

daern wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:41 pm Bad luck, that. Mine came back with 3.2.1 and a clean bill of battery health. Bit worried that it's doing odd things with delayed-start charging, but will give it a few days to see how it pans out.
Let's hope it's the start of better things
daern

Post by daern »

ECBornUser wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:30 am Let's hope it's the start of better things
To be fair, I've not had much to complain about with the car. I think my biggest, single moan is about VAG's inability to stabilise / manage the back-end of the app, so it's very flakey, but the car itself has been mostly excellent. Had a few issues with the entertainment system, mostly related to Android Auto not connecting from time to time, and the occasional full lock-out where we can't control heating (or, indeed, anything!), but I expect these things to either now be fixed, or fixed in the future. Oh, and our local dealer sucks too.

I wouldn't want to put anyone off though - my wife adores her car :)
jerryhawkins

Post by jerryhawkins »

Re: post asking why not keep driving our Borns until battery pack arrives... it's not the full pack being replaced, just one or more 'modules'. These module are a different shape depending where in the overall pack they are. BCC only orders replacement modules (from Germany) once they've tested your pack to see which ones need replacing. This is where the delay has been, but things are improving (so my dealer tells me!). They also had an issue with supply of sealant needed to reseal the pack after changing the failed modules.
V2 58kwh AFV 230 Auto e-boost. Qasar grey. 19" Typhoon wheels, copper details. Heat Pump.