New Cupra Owner Questions and Introduction

All CUPRA Born related discussions
rsg444

Post by rsg444 »

Hi all,

Firstly wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

I got a new Cupra Born V2 last week and have spent a good hour or so getting to grips with the Menus and Settings. I have a few questions:

1) On the Infotainment system, the car showing is white, is this right or should it match the actual colour of the car?
2) Can I change the shortcut icons at the bottom of the screen, one of them is a sound one that allows me to change the balance and fade, but I would rather change it to the driving mode one
3) How do I turn on Location Services?
4) Is there any way I can change the steering buttons to only register presses instead of swipes?
5) What is interior monitoring - is it the car alarm?
6) The mirror tilts down when I reverse, but it doesn’t just tilt down, it also angles away from the car meaning I can’t even view the rear tyre - which I thought was the whole point of this. Can this be changed?
7) The Apple CarPlay audio doesn’t go down when the car goes into reverse meaning I can’t hear the parking sensor beeps, is this something anyone else has experienced?
8) What do the different driving modes do, I assume Range is the equivalent of an eco mode - does it mean the heating doesn’t go on?
9) The blind spot feature, is this an optional extra as my car doesn’t seem to have it

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Hey, I'm not expert but below may help a bit.

1) It is always white.
2) Icons at the bottom are fixed. You can select 6 of them to use on the main screen, press and hold on each main screen section then select which you want to display. Set the first 3, then swipe right and set the next 3.
For more shortcut option, at the very top right, there is a small white square icon, press that, set more shortcuts in there, like lane assist, autohold, etc.
3) I believe it's you press the small white square icon in the top right.
4) Steering buttons on mine are press buttons, the only button that has some sort of swipe feature is volume, but I use the slider under the screen for that.
5) Don't know
6) I don't use this feature so I don't know, I tilt manually when I rarely need it. Maybe there is something in Interior settings, mirrors?
7) There is a sound option to dim the sound when parking, can't remember exactly where, check settings when in parking mode.
8) AFAIK, range only limits the power output of the motor. So if you are careful with the right foot in Comfort mode, then it's just the same. But as you say, there may be other options to it. Cupra gives full 231ps without the need to click the pedal once fully travelled. If you go to individual setting, you can set it how you like, there may be more info in there.
9) I think it was an optional extra as part of travel assist but I may be wrong, it's a nice feature, but should double check with your eyeballs anyway.

Might help too

Cheers
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

rsg444 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:10 pm
6) The mirror tilts down when I reverse, but it doesn’t just tilt down, it also angles away from the car meaning I can’t even view the rear tyre - which I thought was the whole point of this. Can this be changed?
Cupra born manual, page 123 or thereabouts tells you how to set up the mirror.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

In Driving profile page, there is an info button, it tells you the settings for each mode

Range
DCC Comfort
Steering Comfort
Engine Range
ACC Comfort
Air Con Range

Selecting Vehicle as a main shortcut gives you the Driving mode on the main screen, then the small white arrow switches between them.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
rsg444

Post by rsg444 »

Thank you all for your replies, very helpful.

For the questions below, I have a bit more info should it help anyone else:

7) The Apple CarPlay audio doesn’t go down when the car goes into reverse meaning I can’t hear the parking sensor beeps, is this something anyone else has experienced?

6) The mirror only dips when the dial is set to the Left mirror. Once it dips when you reverse, you can set the mirror to where you want it to be and it looks like next time the car reverses, it then dips into the position you set.
7) The CarPlay now mutes when I put the car into reverse. It's not very clear, the setting to lower the volume works inverse. The higher the number the lower the volume goes.

Its not the best of user interfaces IMO but if this is better than the ID3 then I'd hate to see what that looks like.

Another question, sometimes the regen happens on its own, sometimes it doesn't and the car just coasts - is this based on any hazards the car can "see" ahead?

Lovely car otherwise, kids are really chuffed with their own charging ports at the back! Simple pleasures and all that...
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Regen summary.
Regen off the throttle is B mode.
In D mode it coasts but it is actually regening (is that a word) a little when off the throttle.
In Cupra mode you get regen regardless of B or D.
In D mode you get regen if you have some assists switched on in the menu, so as you mention, you should see a symbol on the dash or HUD showing a braking motion, warning you it’s about to automatically regen to slow for a roundabout etc. I have disabled this in the menu, don’t ask me exactly where that option is, I would need to check. But to be honest, with the assist on, I was really suprised how well it managed the speed, pretty identical to if I were doing it myself.
To add, in any mode, pressing the brake pedal doesn’t mean the brakes are applied, it usually activates regen, watch the green bar on the dash when you press the pedal, even if you are in B mode more regen is added when you brake (apart from low speed). So if you want to use some brakes, you need to be very heavy footed or pop it into N probably.
rsg444

Post by rsg444 »

Ponk wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:19 pm Regen summary.
Regen off the throttle is B mode.
In D mode it coasts but it is actually regening (is that a word) a little when off the throttle.
In Cupra mode you get regen regardless of B or D.
In D mode you get regen if you have some assists switched on in the menu, so as you mention, you should see a symbol on the dash or HUD showing a braking motion, warning you it’s about to automatically regen to slow for a roundabout etc. I have disabled this in the menu, don’t ask me exactly where that option is, I would need to check. But to be honest, with the assist on, I was really suprised how well it managed the speed, pretty identical to if I were doing it myself.
To add, in any mode, pressing the brake pedal doesn’t mean the brakes are applied, it usually activates regen, watch the green bar on the dash when you press the pedal, even if you are in B mode more regen is added when you brake (apart from low speed). So if you want to use some brakes, you need to be very heavy footed or pop it into N probably.
Thank you, very helpful.