Cupra Born V1

All CUPRA Born related discussions
TaylorT2

Post by TaylorT2 »

Hi Guys,

I'm considering ordering the V1 Born as it has been added to our company car list. However please could you guys help me as it is quite a big decision:

1) What is your overall opinion on the car / V1 trim? Is it worth it?

2) I am 6"3, will I ever be uncomfortable or struggle for room

3) Is it as bad looking as people say, I don't mind the look but I've been told by numerous people that it looks like a "granny mobile" or a people carrier

Dalgal

Post by Dalgal »

Hi!
I just bought a V1 (22 plate used) and I love it. The spec is just fine, I can’t say it’s lacking in anything I’d want really. It has the tech pack so wireless charging etc.
looks wise I think it’a a really good looking car. My rear windows are tinted - I’m not sure if this was an optional extra or if the previous owners had this done though. The alloys look way better in the flesh too.
Can’t help you with the height as I’m quite small but my husband is 6’1” ish and he’s got plenty of room in his passenger side.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

I've had a V1 for just over a year.

Compared to the extras the V2 has...
I do miss the heated seats a I had in my i.D.3 a little.
It would have been nice to have the heads up display and rear tints, but I can't say I'm disappointed because they don't have them.

I would say the alloys would be the biggest disappointment, but mine came with the V2 19" ones.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
TaylorT2

Post by TaylorT2 »

Blackeunos wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:19 am I've had a V1 for just over a year.

It would have been nice to have the heads up display and rear tints, but I can't say I'm disappointed because they don't have them.

I would say the alloys would be the biggest disappointment, but mine came with the V2 19" ones.
Do you feel like you have a lot of room as a driver
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

TaylorT2 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:08 pm
Blackeunos wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:19 am I've had a V1 for just over a year.

Do you feel like you have a lot of room as a driver
I'm 6' 3" and 105kg and have bags of space with plenty of room for the rear passenger as well with my seat position.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

TaylorT2 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:50 pm Hi Guys,

I'm considering ordering the V1 Born as it has been added to our company car list. However please could you guys help me as it is quite a big decision:

1) What is your overall opinion on the car / V1 trim? Is it worth it?

2) I am 6"3, will I ever be uncomfortable or struggle for room

3) Is it as bad looking as people say, I don't mind the look but I've been told by numerous people that it looks like a "granny mobile" or a people carrier
1) Can't answer, what's good value to me might not be good value to you.

2) I can't imagine buying a car without at least sitting in it to make sure it fits you.

3) I think these numerous people are winding you up. However you don't sound so enthusiastic with "I don't mind the look". What's more important, what you think, or what others think of your car.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
dickyp

Post by dickyp »

Beauty as they say is in the eye of the beholder.

Similar to you the Born came on the list and 4 of us ordered straight off and largely based on the looks. One colleague how ever thinks it looks like the Pope mobile and went ID4.

Get a drive in one, contact Cupra fleet and they will deliver you one to try out for a few days.
£50 each if you use this link to sign up to Octopus - https://share.octopus.energy/cliff-teal-535