About to Spec a car

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hey

Posted a few times but now looking to order a car.

I have a budget. Now do I have premium paint and lose either the pan roof or DCC or have vapour grey and keep the other two. I’m looking at the vapour grey as a choice

dickyp

Post by dickyp »

Which V are you plumbing for?
£50 each if you use this link to sign up to Octopus - https://share.octopus.energy/cliff-teal-535
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

If I were in your shoes Dermottdog I would definitely go the Vapur Grey route and keep the DCC and pano roof. I am not a huge fan of pano roofs but it looks the ticket and will make the car airier while DCC will be a very useful option. Vapour grey is a nice colour and in no way a cheaper looking option IMHO.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

dickyp wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:03 pm Which V are you plumbing for?
V3
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

SabreDentist wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:08 pm If I were in your shoes Dermottdog I would definitely go the Vapur Grey route and keep the DCC and pano roof. I am not a huge fan of pano roofs but it looks the ticket and will make the car airier while DCC will be a very useful option. Vapour grey is a nice colour and in no way a cheaper looking option IMHO.
👍
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Another vote for DCC.here, especially matched with Michelin EV tyres.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Dermottdog wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:46 pm Hey

I have a budget. Now do I have premium paint and lose either the pan roof or DCC or have vapour grey and keep the other two. I’m looking at the vapour grey as a choice
Can't help you with the DCC as I don't have it on my car.
I would not go for the pano roof although I have it on mine. It starts too far back to be worth while for front seat occupants and it's pretty expensive.
And sorry, but I really don't like the Vapour (aka old tarmac invisibility cloak) Grey, but if you like it, go for it. ETTO. :D
If you want keyless entry you'll need to spec one of the Tech packs.
Oh, and don't expect the electric seats to have a memory function. They don't.
I agree about getting a home charger if you can. They're expensive but they pay for themselves in reduced cost and much reduced stress about finding somewhere to charge.
Overall, though, it's a great car with many things to like.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

alanjs wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:56 am

I would not go for the pano roof although I have it on mine. It starts too far back to be worth while for front seat occupants and it's pretty expensive.
And sorry, but I really don't like the Vapour (aka old tarmac invisibility cloak) Grey, but if you like it, go for it. ETTO. :D
I agree about getting a home charger if you can. They're expensive but they pay for themselves in reduced cost and much reduced stress about finding somewhere to charge.
Thanks.

The full spec would be V3 with boost, Vapour Grey, Pano Roof, DCC, Pilot L, Tech M, Beats and last but not least, Blizzard Wheels. About £44700!!

Got a test drive a week on Wednesday.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:30 pm

Thanks.

The full spec would be V3 with boost, Vapour Grey, Pano Roof, DCC, Pilot L, Tech M, Beats and last but not least, Blizzard Wheels. About £44700!!

And heat pump?
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Shahev wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:56 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:30 pm

Thanks.

And heat pump?
Heat Pump as well? I’m not made of money 😂