Update issues

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Macs113

Post by Macs113 »

Hoping for some advice

I did the update a couple of days ago (not sure what version) and ever since then I have had issues.

CUPRA app - keeps coming up with “internal server error”.
Phone will not connect via Bluetooth, but will use apple car play.
I have a Wallbox charger with a schedule which was working brilliantly but since the update, the car doesn’t charge on a schedule and tonight didn’t recognise the charging station. Although both apps are up to date and others have used the charging station so I know it’s not the Wallbox.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thank you

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Macs113 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:23 pm Hoping for some advice

I did the update a couple of days ago (not sure what version) and ever since then I have had issues.

CUPRA app - keeps coming up with “internal server error”.
Phone will not connect via Bluetooth, but will use apple car play.
I have a Wallbox charger with a schedule which was working brilliantly but since the update, the car doesn’t charge on a schedule and tonight didn’t recognise the charging station. Although both apps are up to date and others have used the charging station so I know it’s not the Wallbox.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thank you
Do you mean you took your car in and they updated the software?

If so then you aren’t alone. Tell them and get them to report it to Cupra HQ as they need to know they are causing problems.

If you set a schedule using the car software and set the charger to charge all the time you will be able to get timed charging to work. That’s what I’ve had to do. Use my charger as a dumb charger and use the charging features of my car to mange it. 🙁
AuroraBlue

Post by AuroraBlue »

I am also seeing the internal error on the app tonight.
Has been fine for the past few weeks.
Several other threads on the reliability of the app…..
Cupra Born V2, Aurora Blue
Macs113

Post by Macs113 »

So. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded it and it now seems to be working.

Re update - I didn’t take it to a dealer (perhaps in hindsight it may have been better to do this!) however I followed the instructions (switch off lights, close all windows, press install on the info screen and leave vehicle and lock the doors. Keep key at least 10m away for at least an hour).

I think it may have now sorted out. The Bluetooth seems to be working now and I managed to charge it up by deleting and reinstalling the Wallbox app as well. Hopefully this was just a blip.