Update 3.2.1 now available - TPI 93S2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

CupraV3 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:08 pm Based on what I have read here and elsewhere there doesn't seem to be any real benefit that justifies the hassle of taking your car in. Infotainment annoyances aside everything else works fine so I don't think I'll bother unless Cupra specifically contact me.
It’s more responsive and you can see trip computer information on the right hand side of the small screen. The app has more options, apparently it can rapid charge faster too.

It’s still riddled with bugs though and given the option to roll-back so my charger worked with the car properly then then I’d definitely be booking it in to go back ☹️

It seems I’m probably an outlier with the charger issue, which just means it even less likely to get resolved!

alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

VW AG need to pull their finger out. I'm a software engineer and no way would these stupid bugs get to a customer with competent QA. They can even keep crap developers, and their work would never get past QA until it was right... at least the easy to spot bugs anyhow.
Born V2 Vapour Grey
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

alex1337 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:29 pm VW AG need to pull their finger out. I'm a software engineer and no way would these stupid bugs get to a customer with competent QA. They can even keep crap developers, and their work would never get past QA until it was right... at least the easy to spot bugs anyhow.
You certainly wonder how much testing is going on to flush out these problems before the software gets released to owners! It is not as though they have only had one bite of the cherry either - there have been a succession of buggy releases. Certainly supports the addage that no truly great car is without its flaws!
Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

A quick note for those following this thread. there have been some reports of the "New User Settings" issue being re-introduced after the 3.2.1. Which if this turns out to be the case, is really bad as that was a horrid bug. One to be aware of.
Essem

Post by Essem »

Just booking in my V2 for recall 93Q2 and 93S2 with Vertu / Bristol St - they have been quite responsive, but when I asked for a loaner, they said it would be two days at £40 per day for the CDW insurance. A bit disappointing.
TheBornIDentity

Essem wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:10 pm Just booking in my V2 for recall 93Q2 and 93S2 with Vertu / Bristol St - they have been quite responsive, but when I asked for a loaner, they said it would be two days at £40 per day for the CDW insurance. A bit disappointing.
That’s not good! I had a car 3 days when mine was in but there the insurance charge was waived because the car was in for recalls.
Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

Anyone who has their car booked in for this update should take a look at this post for awareness.

viewtopic.php?p=5708#p5708
Simple1

Post by Simple1 »

Hi
My Born have been done this monday.... Software upgrade from 3.2 to 3.2.1. Tyres should have been replaced, but the dealership did not manage to have the new tyres in stock.

I have got a problem with software 3.2.1. I cannot charge with 11 kWh AC, but only at approx. 5 kWh. My Cupra App says, that I have an ongoing Routine, but I dont have any routine in E-Manager - and do not have the possibility to add/remove routines. I talked to the dealership, they advised me to try to reset to factorysettings..... I did, but still no routines or the possibility to add.
TheBornIDentity

Simple1 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:37 pm Hi
My Born have been done this monday.... Software upgrade from 3.2 to 3.2.1. Tyres should have been replaced, but the dealership did not manage to have the new tyres in stock.

I have got a problem with software 3.2.1. I cannot charge with 11 kWh AC, but only at approx. 5 kWh. My Cupra App says, that I have an ongoing Routine, but I dont have any routine in E-Manager - and do not have the possibility to add/remove routines. I talked to the dealership, they advised me to try to reset to factorysettings..... I did, but still no routines or the possibility to add.
It sounds like you might have reduced AC charging selected (which cuts the charge rate in half).

If that’s not selected and you are charging when you can get in the car or are awake, you could try pausing / stopping the charge using the Cupra app or infotainment then starting it again. There was a problem with some charger compatibility that caused half speed charging and with mine that made it charge full speed.

I’ve got an Ohme charger and have had similar problems. 3.2.1 brought them all back but they have gone again. It is either because Ohme have pushed a firmware update to my charger as I have a support ticket in with them or because I have set up a schedule in the car, even though I’m not using it.

My car says charging by ongoing routine even when it definitely isn’t. What charger do you have?
Simple1

Post by Simple1 »

I do not have reduced AC charging selected.

The issue is both on my homecharger ( an "ELVI", from Norlys, Denmark) and on public 11/22 Kwh chargers at my workplace. I admit, that I dont have tried a fast-charger yet. I have used my home-charger without any problems since mid march 23, and my problem started after the software-upgrade from 3.2 to 3.2.1

A the moment, I accept the reduced charging speed, but I believe the main issue is, that I cannot add/modify/delete Routines. I can see the button, but it is inactive and cant be pressed.

I still wait for the dealership to respond. I guess they are going to have my Born for a recheck...