Update 3.2.1 now available - TPI 93S2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

alex1337 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:54 pm Cupra Hull are very good and had it all done today. So far not very impressed. On the way home it popped up with new settings available and turned the air con off twice in the space of 5 minutes. For all it's marketing not much seems to have changed
Mine did exactly the same thing but I held down the power button to reset it and it fixed that. I’d have gone mental if that new settings issue came back!

RichT

Post by RichT »

Today our V2 Born has been to the local dealer (Hatfield) for the various recalls.
Unfortunately after checking the battery modules (TPI 93Q2) it does need further work at a BCC certified dealer.
Hatfield are still waiting for the relevant tools so they suggested the car could be transported to Southampton.

But more frustrating we've been told that the 3.2.1 update (TPI 93S2) can't be performed until the battery work is complete.
Has anybody else had the 3.2.1 update blocked in this way?
58 kWh V2 in vapor grey with pan roof and heat pump
viking2010

Post by viking2010 »

I've got my car booked in at DM Keith in York tomorrow for the update and battery check. Just hoping all goes smoothly but worrying that people have still been experiencing a few issues. Keeping everything crossed all goes well.
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

RichT wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:28 pm Today our V2 Born has been to the local dealer (Hatfield) for the various recalls.
Unfortunately after checking the battery modules (TPI 93Q2) it does need further work at a BCC certified dealer.
Hatfield are still waiting for the relevant tools so they suggested the car could be transported to Southampton.

But more frustrating we've been told that the 3.2.1 update (TPI 93S2) can't be performed until the battery work is complete.
This is odd. I was speaking to Seat Braintree who are an authorised repairer and they said I couldn’t take my car to Cupra Hatfield for the checks and had to go to Cupra Slough instead.. It really feels like there’s no consistency with the dealerships
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Just reporting back as my overnight charge has worked fine with my Hypervolt on the latest software. I have it set on the Hypervolt itself to only charge during the intelligent octopus hours. I don't trust the intelligent Octopus app as it didn't work for me and I don't like the 30 minute window it can take to kick in.

May relieve some minds as problem was reported in this thread with the Ohme at least
Born V2 Vapour Grey
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:36 am
RichT wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:28 pm Today our V2 Born has been to the local dealer (Hatfield) for the various recalls.

This is odd. I was speaking to Seat Braintree who are an authorised repairer and they said I couldn’t take my car to Cupra Hatfield for the checks and had to go to Cupra Slough instead.. It really feels like there’s no consistency with the dealerships
When I spoke to Cupra Customer Service they confirmed any Cupra dealership can carry out the battery check but if there is a need to work on the batteries to rectify a fault the dealership has to get the car transported to the nearest BCC (Battery Certified) dealership hence Slough, Southampton etc. The problem I found was that the dealerships I called in Bromley and Milton Keynes were not aware of that process. Customer Service called WJ King Bromley and explained to them what was needed and made the booking for me.
Early September for mine when the schools go back.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Thelor

Post by Thelor »

What differences have you folks that got the 3.2.1 noticed from 3.0? Or is there actually a comparison list somewhere with featurelistings?

Regards,
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

From "System info" screenshots I've seen from the German born forum from people who have had the 3.2.1 update, there is no difference in the version numbers to those on my car which I thought had 3.2. Maybe I have 3.2.1? Neither the TPI for the 3.2.1 update nor the battery check appears for my VIN number, so maybe I'm good?

I'm curious to know if I will be able to get 3.5 software OTA or if that will have to be at a dealer. Although again, from owners on the German forum who have 3.5, it doesn't seem to have any significant changes. Just seems to fix a few bugs like not being able to remember various sound settings.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
ZPatel

Post by ZPatel »

Hi everyone,

So I dropped my car off nearly two weeks ago for the system update. It is now still at the dealership, they are having IT issues and are unable to complete the update despite trying several times. The car is now apparently not safe to drive and they cannot give me a time frame for when this will be fixed.

So I am now at a wits end with what to do as if the car can't be fixed, not sure what's going to happen? They've contacted cupra who have said it is not a cupra issue but an IT issue with the dealership.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!
CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

Based on what I have read here and elsewhere there doesn't seem to be any real benefit that justifies the hassle of taking your car in. Infotainment annoyances aside everything else works fine so I don't think I'll bother unless Cupra specifically contact me.
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot