Update 3.2.1 now available - TPI 93S2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Got mine back today. It needs the tyres but they don’t have any. They are on back order 🙁

Everything else was done. The Jury is out on 3.2.1. I have had the dreaded “new setting are available” for the first time in months and the climate control kept randomly turning off completely. However, I’ve rebooted the infotainment and it seems to have stopped doing that 🤞🤞🤞

It’s much smoother and quicker than before so here’s hoping.

UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

TheBornIDentity wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:30 pm Got mine back today. It needs the tyres but they don’t have any. They are on back order 🙁

Everything else was done. The Jury is out on 3.2.1. I have had the dreaded “new setting are available” for the first time in months and the climate control kept randomly turning off completely. However, I’ve rebooted the infotainment and it seems to have stopped doing that 🤞🤞🤞

Are the recall notices on the Cupra Vin checker showing as completed now?
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
TheBornIDentity

UniqueUser1 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:01 pm
TheBornIDentity wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:30 pm Got mine back today. It needs the tyres but they don’t have any. They are on back order 🙁

Are the recall notices on the Cupra Vin checker showing as completed now?
I’ve not looked but will check.
TheBornIDentity

Little update on the update. It’s completely knackered delayed charging. Unless my charger starts charging pretty much immediately then the car rejects the charge. Last night it added 0% even though the charger was trying all though the IO cheap period.

Been testing it all day and it’s useless. If I get in the car or change the maximum charge % via the app it starts charging but it not the little light is off completely and the charger just keeps try to reschedule because it can see the car isn’t accepting charge.

No best pleased!!! Will call them Monday and they can have the blood thing back and fix it.
Splitpin

Post by Splitpin »

Well done for highlighting this problem. I was going to call my local dealer today and arrange a booking for the update but will now definitely NOT.
I mostly charge on solar power so rely on my Zappi charging when my Powerwall is full and the car stays plugged in most of the time.
I remember sometime ago this problem arising on the ID3 forum and it seemed to get fixed. It has now come back to haunt US.
If it wasn't for this forum I would not know about updates as Cupra don't bother to inform me of any. Not good when it comes to safety issues like tyres and bonnet catches !!
Hope you get it sorted out quickly and look forward to hearing that all is now well.
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Mine is in today for the update, battery recall and a few others snags. Might not be done today but I'll report back once I get my car and see how it is.
Last edited by alex1337 on Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born V2 Vapour Grey
TheBornIDentity

Splitpin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:00 am Well done for highlighting this problem. I was going to call my local dealer today and arrange a booking for the update but will now definitely NOT.
I mostly charge on solar power so rely on my Zappi charging when my Powerwall is full and the car stays plugged in most of the time.
I remember sometime ago this problem arising on the ID3 forum and it seemed to get fixed. It has now come back to haunt US.
If it wasn't for this forum I would not know about updates as Cupra don't bother to inform me of any. Not good when it comes to safety issues like tyres and bonnet catches !!
Hope you get it sorted out quickly and look forward to hearing that all is now well.
I had that charging problem with my ID.3 but this is far worse than that. I tried the Ohme profile they created to get around that with this and it doesn’t work 🙁

Only way around it I can seem to get working it set the charger to max charge now and schedule the charge with the car instead.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

TheBornIDentity wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:15 am I had that charging problem with my ID.3 but this is far worse than that. I tried the Ohme profile they created to get around that with this and it doesn’t work 🙁

Only way around it I can seem to get working it set the charger to max charge now and schedule the charge with the car instead.
Have you tried pulling fuse 19 to reset the system? Or what about a full factory software reset?
TheBornIDentity

Elea4 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:52 pm
TheBornIDentity wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:15 am I had that charging problem with my ID.3 but this is far worse than that. I tried the Ohme profile they created to get around that with this and it doesn’t work 🙁

Have you tried pulling fuse 19 to reset the system? Or what about a full factory software reset?
No, but I’ll give it a try thanks.
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Cupra Hull are very good and had it all done today. So far not very impressed. On the way home it popped up with new settings available and turned the air con off twice in the space of 5 minutes. For all it's marketing not much seems to have changed
Born V2 Vapour Grey