System Update

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
vanessah1309

Post by vanessah1309 »

Hi All,

I've got a Cupra Born V3 - I've got a system update on there and has been for about 2 weeks. I've hooked up to wifi at home and at work on different occasions so it does the update when I switch it off and it does nothing! When I click on system update the button that says install now is shaded out and can't be pressed. Anyone having this issue?

Not loving my Cupra at all - had it a year in September and would love to swap cars if I could. Yesterday's journey home from work was no air con, no road traffic signs being read, no messages being read out when received. There's always something at least twice a week that doesn't work properly.

daern

Post by daern »

My wife is reporting the same on our car, but I'll admit that I'm yet to play with it myself as I've not driven it for a few days. She says that almost every day she's being prompted by an unclickable update prompt.

Annoyingly, it was in the dealer last week and they could have sorted it out :/
vanessah1309

Post by vanessah1309 »

You'd have thought the dealer would have picked up on that?! Can I ask why the car was at the dealership?
daern

Post by daern »

vanessah1309 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:31 am You'd have thought the dealer would have picked up on that?! Can I ask why the car was at the dealership?
It was in for two recalls - tyres and bonnet catch - and they mentioned that there was an outstanding update, but as I'd not seen anything, I said "it's probably already installed". We've done a few OTA updates, so sod's law that this is the first one we've had a problem with!
Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

A few on the CUPRA UK Facebook group have reported this issue. Apparently it's caused by the car thinking that the windows are open which prevents the car updating. I haven't had this myself but I believe the message does mention to close the windows which in many cases, they are closed.

You need to reset the windows. It's in the manual but someone posted this..

Any way all I did was simply use the window buttons on the drivers side 'pulling' the window switch toward you for 3 secs. You'll hear the window move up a fraction. Let go do the same for other side and the rears too (remember hold for 3 secs each time). The 'INSTALL' button should now be accessible. Press it. It'll then ask you to leave and lock the car while it does the update.

Members have reported that this has allowed them to install.

Good luck.
Boxed-in

Post by Boxed-in »

Blimey it’s not a Microsoft system is it? Twenty years ago that was the solution to any computer problem!

Close all the windows, and reboot……

🤦🏻‍♂️
Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

Haha yes. Hadn't thought about it that way.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Boxed-in wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:59 pm Blimey it’s not a Microsoft system is it? Twenty years ago that was the solution to any computer problem!

Close all the windows, and reboot……

🤦🏻‍♂️
🤣
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
daern

Post by daern »

FWIW, had no problems with this update once I'd messed with the windows a bit and turned the sidelights off (WTF?). It then sternly informed me to get out and lock the doors and leave it for an hour to finish. All seemed ok.
Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

It then sternly informed me to get out and lock the doors and leave it for an hour to finish
How rude!