App still offline

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

App started working again this morning, still gives the internal server error, but at least it's working.

How can an app with 450 reviews, that has 440 1 star ratings, be an average of 4.3 on the app store!
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.

daern

Post by daern »

FWIW, my car is now also reporting "offline" in the official app. Looks like it last updated correctly at 8.30am on Tuesday. FWIW, the backend API is working OK, but the car is not updating to the VAG servers, so it's not, technically, the app that is at fault. I need to update the HA integration to detect when this has happened...

Code: Select all

{
  "connection": {
    "mode": "offline"
  }
}
I can't look at my own car as it's away with my wife today, but will take a look later and see what's going on.
daern

Post by daern »

No idea how, but the online settings had been switched off in the car. Turned back on again and all is well. Perhaps I knocked them, but I think not...
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

I've been monitoring this thread, and mine was ok all the time others have been reporting problems but then went Offline last night. It's still Offline now.
I just checked the car and it says its got a 4g connection - is that what you mean, daern, or is there some other setting that may have, as you say, switched itself off?
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Looking into this deeper, the App says "Not Active" under all the headings, eg Doors & Lights, Battery, Air Con, Vehicle Status, etc.
When I click on Battery it says "Go to Service Management to reactivate this service"
In Service Management it says "Reason for deactivation: This licence has expired." But the Licence section says "Valid until: 07/11/2032"

In other words, all crazy nonsense!
daern

Post by daern »

MikeyB wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:39 am I've been monitoring this thread, and mine was ok all the time others have been reporting problems but then went Offline last night. It's still Offline now.
I just checked the car and it says its got a 4g connection - is that what you mean, daern, or is there some other setting that may have, as you say, switched itself off?
If you tap top-right on the screen (where the notifications come up), there's a screen with a couple of on/off buttons for vehicle information and location (IIRC). Both need to be on for the vehicle to send a full complement of data back to the servers and count as "online". Mine, I'm pretty sure, turned themselves off a couple of days ago and I had to turn them back on, at which point everything sprung back to life again.

Monitoring to see if it happens again...
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

I took a look at that. Mine were both on and the car was showing a connection via 4g. I tried turning them off for a bit and then back on, and also did the long press on the power button to reboot the Infotainment system. But the "Not Active" messages in the phone App are still present.
viking2010

Post by viking2010 »

I'm still getting the app offline message in the app. I've tried so many different things that people have suggested (except pulling the fuse... Not too confident in doing that!) as well as what Cupra digital have come back with, but nothing works. The app is stuck showing data from a week ago, the car is online but I can't get it to talk back. It last sync'd on 31st May and it still refuses to sync. Can't even factory reset as that seems to require an online connection! Anyone got any additional advice? Not getting any feedback from cupra on this and they don't seem to know what's going on. I'd contact my dealership but I don't think they know either!
Telmo Nunes

Post by Telmo Nunes »

viking2010 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:07 am I'm still getting the app offline message in the app. I've tried so many different things that people have suggested (except pulling the fuse... Not too confident in doing that!) as well as what Cupra digital have come back with, but nothing works. The app is stuck showing data from a week ago, the car is online but I can't get it to talk back. It last sync'd on 31st May and it still refuses to sync. Can't even factory reset as that seems to require an online connection! Anyone got any additional advice? Not getting any feedback from cupra on this and they don't seem to know what's going on. I'd contact my dealership but I don't think they know either!
Hi. Exact same problem here, reported everything to Cupra Digital Support with photos last week, talked with them by the support line also, and now waiting for a feedback...
viking2010

Post by viking2010 »

I spoke with them today and they've not done much more than say they will escalate the ticket to their tech support. I will supposedly hear from them by close play tomorrow but I won't hold my breath. One thing that has changed is that when trying to sync, it goes through the motions now and doesn't bring up the message about it being unable to sync. But it still doesn't sync. I'd love to be able to do a wireshark on the car to see where its trying to go to, and inspect some of the data packets. I could perhaps then see where its failing. Will have to see what kit I can find to do that!