depreciation

All CUPRA Born related discussions
dpaddy

Post by dpaddy »

what is the depreciation like on the Cupra Born V2

CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

Err... fairly horrific.

Mine has lost over 14k in less than the first year.....
shayster20@gmail.com

Post by shayster20@gmail.com »

It’s not just cupra ,EVs are suffering in general
CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

And that is because they ain't the future....

Sorry, but this country is SO far away from being ready, it's laughable.
Much as I love my Cupra, this is my only attempt.... going back to a big fat Diesel pick-up when I change this. The advantages are too few to stay electric
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

CupraCool wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:33 pm And that is because they ain't the future....

Sorry, but this country is SO far away from being ready, it's laughable.
Much as I love my Cupra, this is my only attempt.... going back to a big fat Diesel pick-up when I change this. The advantages are too few to stay electric
It is because there were very few used options available and now there are loads. They are the future wether people like it or not. Once supply and demand normalise again the depreciation should correct itself. I had my ID.3 6 months and traded that in for £1000 more than I paid for it new.

I’ve found living with and electric car very easy. On the occasions I want to drive more than 180 miles in one go it requires a bit of planning but other than that it’s been fine for me. I do have access to my own charger though.

To be honest if you want a big fat pickup then it sounds like you choose entirely the wrong car rather than powertrain being bad.
CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

I miss the ability to carry stuff. I have a roof rack, even thought apparently you are not supposed to.

How is it the future? We can't even build a railway (HS2), let alone install enough chargers for the population to use. Clearly the plan is to reduce road users in the longer run. But lets face it, public transport is just not an option.

We get electric brown-outs here in Wiltshire now because of all the housing they are building. Wait until all these chargers come online.

People that need to tow trailers, food trailers and boats? No electric options there yet really in the UK.

I love this car. It's nice to drive, it gets people looking, but when that date comes (which I am sure will get kicked down the road when the realisation that there just are not enough chargers), I will probably go for one last hurrah with a diesel.

In April 2023, there were only 11.4 public rapid charging devices (or faster) in the UK per 100,000 people.

In Sept 2021 it was £18.81 to rapid charge a 70kw car and in April 2023 it was £37.99. Next year brings in the road tax for electric cars, and that price per KW will soon match carbon fuel.

Maybe it will work, but unless.... this country gets it's act together.
I ain't holding my breath.

Hey... it's just my opinion.
dickyp

Post by dickyp »

There are a number of EVs you can tow with and also add a roof box etc. if we are also apples for apples there are a number of ICE cars which can tow but not very much.

Comparing HS2 to charge points are two very different things and it does
Just sound you have a Debbie downer on life in general at the minute.

You clearly need a Rivian or Cyber truck for your needs or go full on artic truck by Nikola that can pull some weight.

I agree the current ev is a compromise and have to be evaluated before you pull the trigger or you end up sounding like Giles Coren. They are different, sometimes we like different like a holiday is different to the norm. But Afghan is also different but clearly we would prefer to stay home but sometimes we just have to make it work while we’re there.
£50 each if you use this link to sign up to Octopus - https://share.octopus.energy/cliff-teal-535
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

CupraCool wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:29 pm I miss the ability to carry stuff. I have a roof rack, even thought apparently you are not supposed to.

How is it the future? We can't even build a railway (HS2), let alone install enough chargers for the population to use. Clearly the plan is to reduce road users in the longer run. But lets face it, public transport is just not an option.
There's no choice here, except possibly Hydrogen - but that's a whole different argument.
We get electric brown-outs here in Wiltshire now because of all the housing they are building. Wait until all these chargers come online.
....and all those people who install solar panels that generate more electricity than they are using. Buildings regs will be changing to mandate solar panels and, in some cases car chargers.

People that need to tow trailers, food trailers and boats? No electric options there yet really in the UK.
I don't need this, so I haven't researched it.

I love this car. It's nice to drive, it gets people looking, but when that date comes (which I am sure will get kicked down the road when the realisation that there just are not enough chargers), I will probably go for one last hurrah with a diesel.
Anyone who needs to travel regular long distances needs to continue to use an ICE car. I can't disagree.
In April 2023, there were only 11.4 public rapid charging devices (or faster) in the UK per 100,000 people.

In Sept 2021 it was £18.81 to rapid charge a 70kw car and in April 2023 it was £37.99. Next year brings in the road tax for electric cars, and that price per KW will soon match carbon fuel.
Excise duty is scheduled for 2025, not 2024. I don't do a lot of mileage, but I was spending around £70 a month on fuel for a petrol car. then about £20 a month on charging the Born at home. I now have solar panels and I charge the car for free. That works for me!
[/quote]
Maybe it will work, but unless.... this country gets it's act together.
I ain't holding my breath.

Hey... it's just my opinion.
Fair enough. We all have our own requirements, present-day electric cars won't cut it for many people, and the existing public charger availability/cost is shockingly bad, Time will tell.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

I would have solar... but it's too expensive and not a single part of my roof (and it's pretty sizeable) faces the correct direction.
Plus we have 6x dormers, so we cannot get a 'nice' arrangement of solar panels anyway... it would all be bits here and there. Would look a mess.

Garden is surrounded by trees, so solar panels in the garden are not possible (plus, there goes your garden).

I looked at a wind turbine option, but the turbine has to be it's own height away from the boundary (we face a field), and so many metres off the ground. So that just isn't possible either.
I enquired for special permission and the council said it wouldn't be allowed. So I have no eco options for electricity unfortunately.

Must have knocked the road tax back then and I didn't notice.

Not got a downer, just don't think we are ready. What use is an electric pickup (not that we have that option yet), when it's range when towing is next to useless. Tow a boat to the coast? Not really practical if you have to then leave the boat in the water while you go find a charger.

Any electric car that can tow is prohibitively expensive and a rather useless range.

Hey ho
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

CupraCool wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:31 pm I would have solar... but it's too expensive and not a single part of my roof (and it's pretty sizeable) faces the correct direction.
Plus we have 6x dormers, so we cannot get a 'nice' arrangement of solar panels anyway... it would all be bits here and there. Would look a mess.

Garden is surrounded by trees, so solar panels in the garden are not possible (plus, there goes your garden).

I looked at a wind turbine option, but the turbine has to be it's own height away from the boundary (we face a field), and so many metres off the ground. So that just isn't possible either.
I enquired for special permission and the council said it wouldn't be allowed. So I have no eco options for electricity unfortunately.

Must have knocked the road tax back then and I didn't notice.

Not got a downer, just don't think we are ready. What use is an electric pickup (not that we have that option yet), when it's range when towing is next to useless. Tow a boat to the coast? Not really practical if you have to then leave the boat in the water while you go find a charger.

Any electric car that can tow is prohibitively expensive and a rather useless range.

Hey ho
F150 lightening sounds up your alley 👍