Wireless phone charging.

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Jonoisapanda

Post by Jonoisapanda »

We have ordered a V3 with the wireless charger purely because it was already scheduled and was the fastest option.

Does anybody know if it would be easy to disconnect the wireless charger?

I have absolutely zero intention of using it, and have already bought a short USB-C cable.

Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Jonoisapanda wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:01 pm We have ordered a V3 with the wireless charger purely because it was already scheduled and was the fastest option.

Does anybody know if it would be easy to disconnect the wireless charger?

I have absolutely zero intention of using it, and have already bought a short USB-C cable.
Sure - disable wireless charging on your phone.

Or pull off the rubber flap that covers it, cut out a piece of 1mm steel to fit over the charger then replace the rubber.

The charger's actual primary function is to amplify the LTE/GPS signals - it's wired to a signal amplifier in the rear compartment which goes to an LTE antenna in the rear bumper.

So you'd lose that feature...

btw the charger is called a "Telephone bracket"

born-phone.jpg

born-phone2.jpg

Fguilla3

Post by Fguilla3 »

I got it too.
It's really tricky to find a position for my iPhone 14 pro with a MagSafe protection to charge.
Even when found the place, I got a message a few second later saying there is a problem with charging and to remove all other metallic items from the charging pad.

Same thing without the protection

Not enjoying at all
Jonoisapanda

Post by Jonoisapanda »

I have decided to go with a USB-C cable and just have the phone face down on the charging pad! Easy peasy
Fguilla3

Post by Fguilla3 »

Update from my previous post,

I found a way for having it working each time by setting a 5 mm pad on the bottom of the emplacement

Doing such the phone is centered with the charging zone.

I got an IPhone 14 pro but I assume that you will have to find the position for different models
Trubbabubba

Post by Trubbabubba »

Just for info:

I have a Pixel 8 and with this and my old Pixel 7, the wireless charging is very hit and miss. Cable certainly way more reliable.
s3akr

Post by s3akr »

It is sensitive to the position of the phone. Also, it seems to switch on and off on long journeys - maybe by design, maybe by being a bit rubbish! You do get a symbol when charging up in the top right of the screen, or by the usual battery and lightening symbol in the Android Auto view - not sure about Apple. The phone does get hot - I keep an eye on that and sometimes move it into the cup holder cubby when I've enough charge.

Interesting that some didn't go for Tech Pack because of keyless entry.... you can disable that in the menu's easily as I've done.
2022 Born V3 77KW - Aurora Blue, Beats, DCC, Heat Pump, Cargo Pack, 20" Blizzard Copper Wheels, Tech Pack M, Aurora Blue Seats
2021 Macan GTS (too many options)
2012 Cayman R (the right options)
1998 Boxster 2.5 (full poverty spec + 15 bad owners)