Looking forward to the Tavascan

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Looks fabulous for a “SUV Coupe”

See that it gets new motors and gen4 software (which if you’ve seen on ID7 previews looks great) running on a new 15 inch screen with illuminated volume/heating touchbars (again as per the ID7) 🎉

https://www.cupraofficial.co.uk/new-car ... a-tavascan

MikeBornV2

Post by MikeBornV2 »

It does look nice (even if I'm not likely to go for an SUV any time soon.)

It got me thinking about whether there's likely to be version 2 of the Born that might also take advantage of these improvements in VW's tech. Does anyone know if that's likely?
V2, no eBoost, in Blue.
Took the DCC and panoramic roof options.
Savage

Post by Savage »

I loved my Cupra Ateca, I love my Born so far, miss the Ateca's pure acceleration though ... so this would be a win win for the next car .... except if the born was 40k what will his be ?
Probably out of my price range, but It does look the part.
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.
CupraVlox

Post by CupraVlox »

Love it! Especially the interior!

Definitely a contender in a few years if I decide to swap the Born!
Cupra Born - Adrenaline One - 2022 - Quasar Grey
daern

Post by daern »

Mrs Daern also likes this. She absolutely loves the Born, but admits that she wouldn't want another until VAG sort out the chronically slow and buggy entertainment system. Once these appear in the showroom, we'll definitely pop along and press some buttons to see if they've stuck a bit more computing horsepower behind the dash.

(spoiler: not holding my breath!)
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

daern wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:02 am Mrs Daern also likes this. She absolutely loves the Born, but admits that she wouldn't want another until VAG sort out the chronically slow and buggy entertainment system. Once these appear in the showroom, we'll definitely pop along and press some buttons to see if they've stuck a bit more computing horsepower behind the dash.

(spoiler: not holding my breath!)
The Tavasan is getting new ICAS3 infotainment hardware along with OS 4.0 - so same as the ID.7. You can see how snappy the new system is video reviews from the unveil, eg.

Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Yes, the Tavascan and ID7 reviews I’ve seen where they take a look at the software show it to be in a slightly different league!

The sometimes laggy current system doesn’t bug 😉 me anywhere near as much as basic functions like the heated steering wheel activating when not wanted, the steering servo oscillation and volume reduction when opening doors setting not being remembered. I want to see that they can fix issues like these before committing to another Cupra/MEB.

On a brighter note, I renewed the apple silicon case on my iPhone 12 with a jtech magnetic case at the weekend. So far I haven’t seen the infamous message about there being (non existent) items on the charge pad preventing it from from working 🤞
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Setup ready to go if anyone is interested: Cupra Tavascan Forum
CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

I am really hoping the Tavascan will be our next car after the Born. I think it looks really really nice. Will probably be more than I want to pay but I may make an exception!
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

I’ll either have a Tavascan or The Ford Explorer sometime in 2024, which will mean both our everyday cars will be 100% electric.