List of hand gestures and voice controls?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
born_owner

Post by born_owner »

I've read through the PDF manual online, and there are references to hand gestures and voice control but no information about what commands each includes. Does anyone know what hand gestures are available to control the infotainment unit? Or can give examples of voice control commands? I can imagine the latter being more numerous than the latter, so there may not be an exhaustive list, but some basic examples or anything unexpected/clever would be really helpful. We've had some success just guessing, but it feels a bit hit-and-miss...
Born V2, 77kW, e-Boost, Vapour Grey

Essem

Post by Essem »

Switch off steering wheel heater
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

“Hola hola, my hands are cold” turns on the heated steering wheel and aims warm air at your hands for a few minutes. Rather than your hands being slow cooked for hours if you use the screen to do it.

“Hola hola, my hands are hot” turns off the heated steering wheel.

“Hola hola, demist the windows” blasts warm dehumidified air at the window for a few minutes.
born_owner

Post by born_owner »

Thanks - i was hoping there might be a definitive list somewhere, but it seems people are asking the same question about other Seat/Cupra models and not finding any answers.
BornAgain

Post by BornAgain »

There is a video here that shows most of the commands you can say
samwise

Post by samwise »

It's impressive how complicated VW has made this - even having to say Hola twice... why!
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

samwise wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:43 am It's impressive how complicated VW has made this - even having to say Hola twice... why!
It’s horrible to say so I use the button. I can’t for the life of me understand why the wake word isn’t Cupra or Hey Cupra.
born_owner

Post by born_owner »

BornAgain wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:09 am There is a video here that shows most of the commands you can say
Ah very helpful, thanks. Strangely, when I go into the "Help" option the "Voice control" element isn't included in the left-hand menu as per the video, but if I scroll around the other help sections a bit then it suddenly appears.

I did check the vehicle help for hand gestures while I was there, and the only reference is to navigating left-to-right between screens, which apparently requires your hand to be close to the screen and to swipe the entire width from side to side. I'm not sure that one gesture is worth it, and I couldn't make it work anyway.