The Lesser Evil

All CUPRA Born related discussions
powerisevil

Post by powerisevil »

So, I'm waiting for over 5 months for the delivery of my Cupra Born. Once they assumed they would deliver the car in 3 months, thay are now trying to sell me a slightly different car.

So I chose the Typhoon rims, with copper finishing. They are proposing the Typhoon rims but aluminium, and it has the Tech M Pack, that i have not chosen before.

What would you do in my shoes, wait for another 4 weeks or accept this one? Really on a limb here

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

When I order something my mind is set and I stick with my choice. Every time I look at the wheels I'd wish I had stayed with the copper. 4 weeks aint so long providing that's a firm time line.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

There seems to be a lot of upgrades on Tech packs right now, picked my car up last week and it’s got the L pack, when I only ordered the M pack.

Dealer says this has been the case on 3 cars lately, as long as they’re not asking for more money happy days.

I have the typhoon gold wheels, silver just didn’t look right.
BornAgain

Post by BornAgain »

I too went for the copper wheels and no options.
I read somewhere on this forum, you can get stickers to cover the aluminium with copper coloured stickers.
powerisevil

Post by powerisevil »

So, in an unexpected turn around, I was "gifted" with the copper rims AND the Tech M pack, AND cheaper than it has been agreed on, AND it will be delivered over the next week!!!

When something is too good to be truth, it's always too good to be truth... Is there something I should be looking for, something that might not be exactly as I expect?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Looks like you got a late cancellation.
Body colour you wanted?
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
powerisevil

Post by powerisevil »

Daveion wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:16 pm Looks like you got a late cancellation.
Body colour you wanted?
Yep, everything I asked for, and the Tech M pack for free, and a final price discount. Seems like too good to be true
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

powerisevil wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:40 am
Daveion wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:16 pm Looks like you got a late cancellation.
Body colour you wanted?
Yep, everything I asked for, and the Tech M pack for free, and a final price discount. Seems like too good to be true
They probably had a sales target to meet, with a decent bonus from Cupra up for grabs, that your original car wouldn't have arrived on time for.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565