App not working with eManager

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the app today when trying to use it to control the eManager?

I checked the car this morning to see that it had been charged using the Intelligent Octopus system. It hadn’t.

On further investigation I found that the app was not communicating with the eManager. This was proved by starting the car charging (not using the app), the car charged to 80% as requested in the car eManager, but the app still showed it at 61% and that the external power was unlocked and unavailable (even when 7kw was going in).

The app is working with the climate control.

I have opened a ticket with Cupra Customer Services, and they are investigating, the issue still exists. Attempted fixes (none worked so far) are:

1. Close app down completely and reopen
2. Delete app from iPhone and reinstall.
3. Disable and re-enable online mode in car.

Any thoughts anyone?
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus

daern

Post by daern »

Stacks of errors from the API behind the mobile app since 2.30pm this afternoon, but for once it was behaving OK this morning. Observed update issues myself this evening, so suspect it was just the backend API being shoddy (again).

It does this from time to time. It'll probably work ok tomorrow.
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Error of the moment for me is the dialogue box about selecting a service partner. I’ve saved that loads of times.
Splitpin

Post by Splitpin »

I have tried many times in the past 3 days to use e-manager to start and stop a charge. I get a message in the battery section saying "Not Available".
I have rebooted a few times and it has then worked but it is a real pain .
One day when using a public pod point charger I confirmed a charge which was acknowlwdged but after leaving the car for 4 hours nothing has gone in when I got back !
There is obviously a problem here that needs sorting out along with all the others we keep getting.
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

It is very frustrating when it goes wrong (which seems to be frequently).

Customer support have responded to my ticket saying that the technical team "did some troubleshooting".

In my case the app started working again at about 11:50BST the same day.

The conclusion was that they had fixed it at their end.
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
Deleted User 490

It’s tiresome, each time I go the app I get the “internal server error” with the error being the “choose your server partner” not going away I assume. Test driven a few alternatives this week and at the fully charged show yesterday, none of them were as sweet to drive let alone as good looking. Felt very positive about the Born, just a shame Cupra/Cariad don’t deal with with this and other stuff.
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

RKJM30 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:29 am Is anyone else experiencing problems with the app today when trying to use it to control the eManager?

I checked the car this morning to see that it had been charged using the Intelligent Octopus system. It hadn’t.

On further investigation I found that the app was not communicating with the eManager. This was proved by starting the car charging (not using the app), the car charged to 80% as requested in the car eManager, but the app still showed it at 61% and that the external power was unlocked and unavailable (even when 7kw was going in).

The app is working with the climate control.

I have opened a ticket with Cupra Customer Services, and they are investigating, the issue still exists. Attempted fixes (none worked so far) are:

1. Close app down completely and reopen
2. Delete app from iPhone and reinstall.
3. Disable and re-enable online mode in car.

Any thoughts anyone?
Bizarrely it’s the car not the app. Get in the car, let the infotainment start up then hold down the standby button in the bottom left until it switches it off the display. It will reboot and the problem will go away.

Had this happen to mine loads of times and this always fixes it.
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Born Leccy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:45 pm It’s tiresome, each time I go the app I get the “internal server error” with the error being the “choose your server partner” not going away I assume. Test driven a few alternatives this week and at the fully charged show yesterday, none of them were as sweet to drive let alone as good looking. Felt very positive about the Born, just a shame Cupra/Cariad don’t deal with with this and other stuff.
Restart the infotainment by holding down the standby but and it will get rid of all the internal server etc.
Deleted User 490

I’ll try that with similar app issues in future TheBornIdentity, but after 2-3 days of seeing that error it’s gone away by itself! (before I could try it, wife has had the car all day).