Cupra born paint

All CUPRA Born related discussions
ZPatel

Post by ZPatel »

Hi,

I have a cupra born in quasar grey and have noticed that the paint becomes scratched and marked very easily considering I've only done less than 3500 miles on the car. Has anyone else noticed this issue as well? And could this be covered in the paint warranty?

Thanks

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

No warranty will cover scratches/marks. Best polish it out (or get someone to do it for you) and get a few coats of a ceramic based coating on like G-Tech C2V3. Water based paints are quite soft in the early days and take a long time to fully cure. If you keep a car 3 years, you'll probably have most of your stone chips in the first 3-6 months
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Yes, some of the VAG paints seem a bit soft when new (notably the Lapiz Blue on the Golf). I try to leave mine a few months before doing a full polish and ceramic coat with Gyeon Syncro Evo (other coatings are available!) I'm just looking for Easter Holiday discounts from suppliers to stock up ready for the Born.
Chipex are great for touch-up paint on your stone chips.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Noticed a chip on my silver born right on the nose near the cupra badge, it’s small but it’s black beneath the paint so shows up with a light paint.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Born Leccy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:52 pm Noticed a chip on my silver born right on the nose near the cupra badge, it’s small but it’s black beneath the paint so shows up with a light paint.
Had one of those - its black because that's a black plastic panel surrounding the actual hinged bonnet.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
pjh555

Post by pjh555 »

Hi all,

Anyone with typhoon 19" alloys and copper detail had any curbing issues on the copper parts?
Unfortunately one of ours has been lightly touched on the copper part and shows through to the
silver alloy.
Does anyone know if the paint code L27A/27A would be a good match? If not has anyone had success
with a repair?
We took it to a place we know who refurbish alloy wheels well and they said they could not do it, they suggested
we try a bodyshop for a paint match. Unfortunately they cannot put their paint meter on the copper part
as it is too small and not flat enough so will not read it.
Any ideas would be greatly received, as £1000 for a new wheel is mad!!

Thank you in advance
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

alanjs wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:20 pm Yes, some of the VAG paints seem a bit soft when new (notably the Lapiz Blue on the Golf). I try to leave mine a few months before doing a full polish and ceramic coat with Gyeon Syncro Evo (other coatings are available!) I'm just looking for Easter Holiday discounts from suppliers to stock up ready for the Born.
Surely the paint should be ok as the car was probably sitting at the docks for a few months 😂😂
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Dermottdog wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:02 am
alanjs wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:20 pm Yes, some of the VAG paints seem a bit soft when new (notably the Lapiz Blue on the Golf). I try to leave mine a few months before doing a full polish and ceramic coat with Gyeon Syncro Evo (other coatings are available!) I'm just looking for Easter Holiday discounts from suppliers to stock up ready for the Born.
Surely the paint should be ok as the car was probably sitting at the docks for a few months 😂😂
Too right! Mind you, mine only sat for a couple of weeks.
Weather is now about warm enough for the coating to cure properly (>10C), so I'll probably do the full clean, decontaminate (Korrosol, Gyeon Tar), clay bar (Bilt Hamber/Gyeon Lube), polish (Rupes DA) and ceramic coat (Gyeon Synchro Evo) in a few weeks time. It takes a few days to do, but the results are well worth it both in terms of appearance and making it much easier to wash.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023