Retaining digital cockpit "view" / setting a default

All CUPRA Born related discussions
born_owner

Post by born_owner »

I'm just getting used to our new Born, and wondered if anyone can help with a couple of queries about the digital cockpit, please. The manual says that we can switch between Driver assistant systems and Navigation views, using the 'view' button on the steering wheel. This works fine, but I never use nav in the car, I always used Google Maps via CarPlay. So each time I get in the car I switch view from Navigation, which seems to be the default but always has one-third empty because I'm not using it, to Driver assistant systems. Is there any way to set the latter to be the default? I know it's only a small thing but I hate one-third of the screen being blank, but it's frustrating to have to change it every time. Thanks!
Born V2, 77kW, e-Boost, Vapour Grey

Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

I use carplay/google maps but even if I do use the car’s nav I don’t want the nav in the cockpit, but the cockpit doesn’t have to show it and doesn’t default back to it either.

Try swiping the ‘VIEW’ button on the steering wheel repeatedly left until you get to the view you want without the route guidance. I tend to use one or other of the views below. I’ve just checked to make sure, but switching off and getting back in the view comes back as I last had it regardless of what nav Im using.

You toggle between what trip stats you see by using the OK button just in case you didn’t know that.

IMG_5115.jpeg

IMG_5116.jpeg

born_owner

Post by born_owner »

Thanks, that's really helpful. I don't get any of the trip info, regardless of what I do. I've tried swiping left and right hundreds (maybe a slight exaggeration) of times, and I only have the two views below. Trip info is available and seems correct on the central screen, just not on the cockpit. Any suggestions gratefully received! There are no software updates pending at present, but I can get precise details in the morning if needed.

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

CupraVlox

Post by CupraVlox »

The Trip settings are only available to the cars that have software version 3.1 and onwards. For the " one " edition this option isn't even available. However, I notice too that changing the view needs to be done during each start-up. It doesn't seem to stay the way it was last set..
Cupra Born - Adrenaline One - 2022 - Quasar Grey
born_owner

Post by born_owner »

Ah great, at least it's not just me! I'm a new Born owner, but from the other threads it looks like 3.1 isn't widely/easily available yet. As long as I'm not missing anything that's supposed to be there, I'm happy! Thanks.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

haydnw wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:36 pm Ah great, at least it's not just me! I'm a new Born owner, but from the other threads it looks like 3.1 isn't widely/easily available yet. As long as I'm not missing anything that's supposed to be there, I'm happy! Thanks.
Your vehicle was likely produced before July 2022:

- Software 2.4 at production week #8 2022, service campaign open* // New: E-Manager, air conditioning
- Software 3.0 for production week #9-27 2022, Over the Air (=OTA) open** // New: Garage, secondary users, status of doors/lights, in-car store, route import
- Software 3.1 for production week #28-34 2022, OTA-open** // New: Plug & Charge, online service, scheduling, new driver display info
- Software 3.2 at production week #35-47 2022, OTA-open** // New: Connected Travel Assist (with XL package)