Order Lead Times

All CUPRA Born related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

My S3 was almost 4 weeks in status "38" and when it arrived in the UK (status "40") its taken 9 days to get to the dealership. Hope that gives you an idea of expectations.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

I ordered a V2 in glacier white on a salary sacrifice scheme, which is a pre-built one in early February and I got an arrival date early July 2023.
I have a friend at work that ordered an ID3 about 18 months ago and they just kept delaying it to the point my friend cancelled his order and brought a BMW. if mine gets delayed for a long period of time I’ll probably do the same :lol:
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

I mentioned on another thread that our 77kw V3 which left the factory 22 Feb was eventually recalled in a batch of 160 Borns destined for the UK with steering fault. UK Cupra therefore reordered the same car as the parts to fix the recall could take longer than building a new car!
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
jimjamming

Post by jimjamming »

My V2 58kW has had the status of "Built - Awaiting Transit" since 13th February. Sat at an exit port apparently. So god knows when it'll get on a boat and how long it'll take after that!
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Can the public go to the factory and pick the car up?
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

Ordered my 77kw V3 on 4/9/22 was told it was in build late March, arrived 2 weeks ago but I was away on business.

Picked it up yesterday, surprised it had a number of options that I haven’t ordered 😁

Charged it to 100% as I had a long drive today and thought I may as well jump in the deep end. Drove 238miles today, mixed roads and mainly on B mode.

Got home with 11% left, only two slight negatives, the self park which I didn’t pay for is good, but too fast for me. And the Beats sound system, the sound quality is great, but I couldn’t get enough volume hoping I can play with setting to sort this.
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Lucky so & so... :o maybe you got someone else's car! :lol:
Still waiting on mine from last June, pushed back till mid May... :roll:

Enjoy!
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
Boris7

Post by Boris7 »

The ordering/delivery system doesn’t seem to make much sense to me tbh.

I can’t see anything that should make my car come through quicker, but as much as I got lots of free upgrades (the dealer says he’s had 3 with such) I can see no reason why when essentially only the battery size and colour are the only real differences in the basic build between our 2 cars.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

History is that our Born V3 was recalled while waiting at Emden. Then Cupra UK requested a new order from the factory. But have now had an update once a week for 4 weeks saying being manufactured! So no idea what is happening. Original order was end of July 2022.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Colin1517

Post by Colin1517 »

Finally confirmed delivery of my Born for Thursday 11th May. My first company car order was an id3 but I gave up on that and took a cancelled order for a Born. Total wait time is 20 months and 9 days from order to delivery. Everything’s crossed that nothing goes wrong between now and next Thursday 🤞