Tesla Model 3 SR now 40K Euros in Portugal

All CUPRA Born related discussions
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

image_720.png

40K Euros, delivery between April and June. 😮

By comparison, a new Born starts at €44K and a new ID.3 at €45K, and to make them remotely comparable to a Model 3 you'd need to spend at least 3-4K in options, whereas a base Model 3 has pretty much everything included. Not to mention that you won’t be waiting months for your car.
Last edited by mluisbrown on Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.

Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

I guess if you want/need the hatchback form factor the Born/ID3 still appeals, but they will run into the much cheaper MG4. If the Tesla Model 2 was around they would be in bigger trouble. The ID4/Enyak look pricey against the Model Y. VAG and the other legacy manufacturers will surely face up to reduced EV pricing soon, maybe as their supply chains get better.
CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

For me the Model 3 looks dated now. There are already pictures circulating of its facelift model. Also every other car these days is a white Model 3. I think every EV after the Born will be something other than a Tesla.

Very interested in seeing the CUPRA Tavascan when it arrives.
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

CupraV3 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:58 am For me the Model 3 looks dated now. There are already pictures circulating of its facelift model. Also every other car these days is a white Model 3. I think every EV after the Born will be something other than a Tesla.

The M3 looked dated as soon as it was released - it has a hideous interior. A mate of mine was forced into one as a company car and referred to it as the "Robocop car" as the interior was like that of a 1987 Ford Taurus. It seems most people who buy them do so purely on the 0-62 time and possibly range. It's a cheapo car wrapped around an amazing drivetrain.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:05 pm
CupraV3 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:58 am For me the Model 3 looks dated now. There are already pictures circulating of its facelift model. Also every other car these days is a white Model 3. I think every EV after the Born will be something other than a Tesla.

The M3 looked dated as soon as it was released - it has a hideous interior. A mate of mine was forced into one as a company car and referred to it as the "Robocop car" as the interior was like that of a 1987 Ford Taurus. It seems most people who buy them do so purely on the 0-62 time and possibly range. It's a cheapo car wrapped around an amazing drivetrain.
Well trashed Monkeyhanger. I have never liked the shape myself and in its current form it will fall behind. Not surprised it may be cheaper to buy than a Born.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Savage

Post by Savage »

Not sure how Tesla dealers are in Portugal, in the UK most are pretty dire and disinterested in fixing issues (of which Tesla's seem to have plenty).
I know Cupra's are not without issues, but at least so far, my dealer has been responsive.
In around 20 months, when my term is up on the Born, I'll have decided if I am staying electric, I like the drive but will have to see what the cost comparison to an ice is then.
Tesla would need to change their attitude to me to consider them if I stay BEV.
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Like Tesla or not, they’re the ones who made EVs viable, pioneering motors, batteries, charging and autonomous driving and in their case integrating and optimising all that to make EVs which are objectively unbeatable.
Legacy automotive is doing better and the Born is a prime example of style and form, but the reality is a comparably priced Tesla has more performance, range, faster charging and a software platform which is continuously updated. They’re soon to integrate higher energy dense/lower weight batteries, improved motors and face-lifted aesthetics.
Keeps the likes of VAG on their toes and shows them how it’s done, better products and more choice all round 👍
daern

Post by daern »

Born Leccy wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:30 am Like Tesla or not, they’re the ones who made EVs viable, pioneering motors, batteries, charging and autonomous driving and in their case integrating and optimising all that to make EVs which are objectively unbeatable.
Interestingly, the Mach E has recently been approved for use "hands free" driving on UK motorways. I might be mistaken, but I don't think even Tesla's FSD has received this approval in the UK yet.

This is going to be the story of Tesla, I think - they were unquestionably pioneers of EV technology, but they are going to find that "legacy automotive" will outperform them in the basics of actually building cars and getting them into the hands of owners. We're very lucky over here that the charger build out we have (such as it is) is not entirely skewed towards one manufacturer like it is in the USA, so we have the luxury of choice. I think that in the long term, at least outside of its home market, Tesla have some bumpy times ahead.
antoniomapinho

Post by antoniomapinho »

I've grown fond of The Model S, which i personally find the best aesthetically accomplished Tesla. The Model 3 is, putting it mildly, bland at best. while the Model Y is utterly ugly.
Teslas are technologically advanced drivetrains and infotainement systems wrapped in mediocre to average body shells and interiors. They've nailed the basics of electrically powered drivetrains but are miles in some fundamental aspects of designing and building cars, although they're learning.
Aestetically, I'd take my Cupra Born any time, but these price drops would make me think and I'm not sure what my decision would be, had I to make it again...
While the Born is very accomplished and great to drive, I find it baffling that, in a full year of ownership, mine hasn't had any sort of update (OTA or otherwise) whatsoever and it's sofware, while reliable enough in critical areas of driving, still has a bunch of bugs that one would hope could mostly be fixed with updates. This is something you regularly get in Teslas. It becomes even more baffling as Borns have been delivered to customer with a new version for many months now.