Regen - Power meter

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

I think I’ve seen chats about this but not easily found. I’ve noticed past couple of days that the blue bar is not all the way to the right, it’s at about 90%. The Soc has been between 50-80% and apart from early starts the ambient temp has been 10-12 degrees.

Only thing I can think of is no journey has been longer than a few miles, but on the other hand I haven’t noticed a less than 100% blue bar when
It’s been used a bit unless it’s been much colder than 10-12 degrees 🤷‍♂️

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Born Leccy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:53 pm I think I’ve seen chats about this but not easily found. I’ve noticed past couple of days that the blue bar is not all the way to the right, it’s at about 90%. The Soc has been between 50-80% and apart from early starts the ambient temp has been 10-12 degrees.

Only thing I can think of is no journey has been longer than a few miles, but on the other hand I haven’t noticed a less than 100% blue bar when
It’s been used a bit unless it’s been much colder than 10-12 degrees 🤷‍♂️
I find the same but think it happens when the car has sat overnight at 1 or 2 Deg C. Even if the day temperatures get to 10C or 12C quickly the battery pack is a big mass to reach a higher temperature.
If overnight is 7C or so it doesn't seem to happen.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
BornAgain

Post by BornAgain »

There was a time when the MEB cars heated the battery if it was below 7C until it reached 13C. Then one gets a full blue bar and full power. Ditto the green bar.
This annoyed many people as it made short journies very inefficient.
The recent versions only heats the battery if it's below 0C and not quite sure when it stops, but as many have stated, the blue bar has seldom been full over this winter.
I think they should have an option to preheat the battery like one can for the cabin. If it could be programmed to be done at cheap leccy rate, I'd use it.
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

I'm pretty sure my Born heats the battery, even with the relatively mild temperatures here in Lisbon (around 15-18C in the morning).
This annoyed many people as it made short journies very inefficient.
When I start a city journey in the morning, my initial consumption starts at around 45kWh/100km which is insane, and can only be due to battery heating. It then quickly drops down to normal consumption levels for city driving (around 13-15kWh/100km).
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.