Born coming 5th April

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Hi Everyone,
My Cupra Born 58kw V2 eboost arrives on April 5, all being well...
It'll be my first venture into EV ownership, so I'm feeling quite brave. Glad to have found these forums, though :D

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum MikeyB
It's a great car and I'm sure you will get a lot of support from members here. đź‘Ť
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Thanks, I'm gonna need help, I suspect!
In advance of the car's arrival I've been browsing the User Manual (not the most engaging read, I have to say). I've got a little confused about Cupra Connect and My Cupra. Do I need to install both apps on my phone, or only My Cupra?
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

You only need the My Cupra app. I think the Cupra Connect app is for the non-EV Cupra models.

You don’t even NEED the My Cupra app although it can be useful. You can check on the charge state a location of the car and tell it to start heating the car remotely etc.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Hi MikeyB,
I assume April 5th is your delivery date? Do you know when the Born will arrive at the dealer?
My V2 is due at dealer April 7th so trying to gauge time to delivery to me...
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

mluisbrown wrote: ↑Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:02 pm You only need the My Cupra app. I think the Cupra Connect app is for the non-EV Cupra models.

You don’t even NEED the My Cupra app although it can be useful. You can check on the charge state a location of the car and tell it to start heating the car remotely etc.
Ah, OK. I got the impression it was "essential"!