Wheel bolt cap removal tool, not a good fit

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Thought I'd mention this incase anyone needs to take a wheel off in a hurry.

Decided to fit mudflaps & ceramic coat wheels discovered wheel bolt cap removal tool does not fit properly, I have the 20" wheels so may differ on others.
The tool fingers are too thick to enable a equal grab, the only way to remove caps using tool is to use just one leg even if you move orientation of the tool.

20230304_171819.jpg

20230304_171853.jpg

Now before someone mentions I don't want to use long nose pliers, the original tool should fit!
V3, Aurora Blue, Beats Audio, Glass Roof

AuroraBlue

Post by AuroraBlue »

Helpful advice, but I think as someone else on here has found, the nice wheel bolt caps also come off on their own accord with no need for intervention.
After a couple of months I am missing one and another likes to fly off when cleaning with the power wash.
I have 19” wheels if that makes a difference.
I have sourced replacements, original equipment I think, but just haven’t got round to it.
Cupra Born V2, Aurora Blue
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

The round cap for the locking wheel nut comes off easier than the hexagonal nut covers. Those plastic tweezers are a tight fit, but when they lock on to the cover's ridge,I find them to be fine.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

The tweezers both legs at the same time definitely don't fit in bolt holes in my wheel in any orientation.
I will try & thin them out a touch when I get time.
Locking wheel bolt caps I distorted by hand to give a tighter fit & haven't lost any yet, maybe a matter of time though.
V3, Aurora Blue, Beats Audio, Glass Roof