My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Yeah, I was wondering if something was afoot tonight, I’ve seen the “network error” bar a few times and I was trying to re-activate a service and it was having none of it

daern

Post by daern »

Anyone else seeing the app failing again at the moment? Certainly failing for me, but was working earlier...
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Yep, been seeing this quite a lot, but it just worked ok 🤷‍♂️

E638A7A1-C738-428C-8476-03D0FDEE4EA7.png

daern

Post by daern »

Yeah, looks like a blip - came back an hour or so later. Testing something new and thought it was something I'd done!
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

IMG_1590.png

It is 5th July and the app appears to be failed again.

On opening this morning it didn’t get past the loading screen, so shut down and reopen. It asked for login details (which is unusual- and an indication of problems).

Once it opened it was clear there is no connection to the car (screenshot attached).

Nothing works, and the car didn’t charge overnight (Intelligent Octopus commands were not received by the car).

This is the second time in the last 2 weeks this has happened, I suspect it is the flakey Cupra back end which has failed again.

Anyone else experiencing this issue today?
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

RKJM30 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:03 am IMG_1590.png
It is 5th July and the app appears to be failed again.

On opening this morning it didn’t get past the loading screen, so shut down and reopen. It asked for login details (which is unusual- and an indication of problems).

Once it opened it was clear there is no connection to the car (screenshot attached).

Nothing works, and the car didn’t charge overnight (Intelligent Octopus commands were not received by the car).

This is the second time in the last 2 weeks this has happened, I suspect it is the flakey Cupra back end which has failed again.

Anyone else experiencing this issue today?
I’ve had this same issue recently. What helped was going to the car and holding down the screen power button until it hard reboots. Then plug the charger back in and refresh the octopus app. By doing this I was able to receive some additional charge slots from Octopus.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
daern

Post by daern »

RKJM30 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:03 am Anyone else experiencing this issue today?
Yes, back-end is chucking 500 errors and has been since last night. Looks like it failed completely around 3am, and I've not seen any successful requests since then. I dare say it'll get fixed this morning.
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

Thank you daern that is great to know that someone who can look at it properly can see. Cupra support are assuming that I am a newbie and are suggesting reboots and factory resets without having checked their end first.
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
daern

Post by daern »

RKJM30 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:54 am Thank you daern that is great to know that someone who can look at it properly can see. Cupra support are assuming that I am a newbie and are suggesting reboots and factory resets without having checked their end first.
Yeah, honestly it's not worth complaining and it'll probably sort itself later today. My car stopped reporting mid-charge overnight and is still reporting the same level (41%) despite having been 80%-charged and driven since then.

Having started the official app this morning, I notice that it has a new, flash logo on startup so I suspect they've been dicking about with the back-end and have broken stuff as a result. My guess is that this is a dodgy software release.
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

They seem to have updated the phone app - it was v1.8, it's now v1.9
Almost nothing changed, apart from the new animation to amuse yourself with while it decides whether to connect or not...