Fault lights flashing up on driver screen

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Just recently I have noticed on my Born that periodically the various warning lights will all come on and go off again within a couple of seconds. Sometimes it's nearly all of them, and other times it's just 1 or 2. It seems to happen mostly when turning and not when driving in a straight line. I was on a roundabout with traffic lights earlier and came to a stop, and the screen turned off for a couple of seconds and then came back.

I am going to contact the local dealer about it, but I was just curious if anyone ever came across the same thing. I have attached a small GIF of the fault after a turn.

badborn.gif

Born V2 Vapour Grey

alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

If anyone gets the same, it turned out to be wiring in the steering column that was tugging when turning the wheel. Fixed by the dealer. Cupra Hull seem really good.
Born V2 Vapour Grey
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Thanks for the heads up, will look out for that given the odd warnings that can happen. this morning mine came up with parking aides unavailable, wasn't frozen or dirty, but had no camera or sensors beeping.
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

alex1337 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:00 pm If anyone gets the same, it turned out to be wiring in the steering column that was tugging when turning the wheel. Fixed by the dealer. Cupra Hull seem really good.
I agree Alex, Cupra Hull have been excellent with any issues I have had.
V2 BORN 58 Vapor Grey
Ordered 22/3/22
Delivered/ picked up 9/6/22