RCBO Tripping

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

daern wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:43 pm
Daveion wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:14 pm What's difficult to believe at this point is that it can happen randomly.
That's exactly what it does. For me, it happens about once every 2 weeks or so (I've left an alert running so I can see when it happens) but there really is very little pattern to it. Of course, you problem may be different and related to your tripping breaker, but the symptoms sound like they fit the MEB charger bug.

e.g. last time for my car was 24th Jan but it's been fine since then:
The car was slow charging at 3841.9W and is now charging at 7486.4W.
This happened at: 2023-01-24 02:03:25.124985+00:00
Had to raise a job with Pod Point again this morning. This random slow charge is causing me some problems...too frequent.
Strange thing is the car stops at 74%. That's three times in 2 weeks at 74% and seems a strange coincidence.
Bit annoyed Pod Point closed my previous ticket as "fixed" before a reasonable test.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE

Gesp5151

Post by Gesp5151 »

I have got the same issue. Long running saga with Octopus energy and Ohme re the Ohme Pro. Both frankly pretty useless and collectively took 6 months to then blame the car. But your posts indicate there is a car fault. Have Cupra proposed a solution? I bought the car on basis it would do our commute on a low cost 4hr overnight charge but it is charging at 3kw only more than three quarters of the time
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

I have this issue too, occasionally, only with the Born, never with our Mini Electric. Pod Point support told me they are looking into it with VW, but it’s been a long time.
daern

Post by daern »

Gesp5151 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:42 pm I have got the same issue. Long running saga with Octopus energy and Ohme re the Ohme Pro. Both frankly pretty useless and collectively took 6 months to then blame the car. But your posts indicate there is a car fault. Have Cupra proposed a solution? I bought the car on basis it would do our commute on a low cost 4hr overnight charge but it is charging at 3kw only more than three quarters of the time
Ohme definitely have a workaround available for the Pro, created for the ID.3, but available for the Cupra Born too. Go back to them and and ask for the CPWL profile, and it should sort it.