Car went back into Production mode (offline) after 2 days

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Kim H

Post by Kim H »

Managed to start my Born experience with a problem I’ve not seen elsewhere!

Collected (V1 Aurora Blue) last Tuesday 31st, managed to set up My Cupra app and connect to my phone. Car synced a few times with the phone. Started getting offline messages in the app but assumed that it was just being glitchy.

Lots of flipping the privacy settings toggles, turning the car off and leaving it, going back and trying again, but couldn’t get the car to connect to anything. Took it for a drive a few times, annoyingly couldn’t preheat when going out on a frosty morning, just nothing. Couldn’t even reset factory settings, it just generated an error message.

After slow back and forth emails with Cupra Digital support who said they’d look into it, I bit the bullet and called the dealership. Eventually spoke to a technician who asked me to bring the car in, popped down today and showed him. He was puzzled so took it round the back to hook it up to the diagnostics.

When he came back he advised me it had been in Production mode, and that disables all connectivity. It can’t have been like that when I picked it up as it was showing as synced on 2nd Feb, and I wouldn’t have a clue how to do that (he said it wouldn’t be possible for me to do it). So a mystery.

Posting in case anyone else has the same problem. Car software is 0561 / Media Codec 3.1.4

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Kim H wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:02 pm Managed to start my Born experience with a problem I’ve not seen elsewhere!

Collected (V1 Aurora Blue) last Tuesday 31st, managed to set up My Cupra app and connect to my phone. Car synced a few times with the phone. Started getting offline messages in the app but assumed that it was just being glitchy.

Lots of flipping the privacy settings toggles, turning the car off and leaving it, going back and trying again, but couldn’t get the car to connect to anything. Took it for a drive a few times, annoyingly couldn’t preheat when going out on a frosty morning, just nothing. Couldn’t even reset factory settings, it just generated an error message.

After slow back and forth emails with Cupra Digital support who said they’d look into it, I bit the bullet and called the dealership. Eventually spoke to a technician who asked me to bring the car in, popped down today and showed him. He was puzzled so took it round the back to hook it up to the diagnostics.

When he came back he advised me it had been in Production mode, and that disables all connectivity. It can’t have been like that when I picked it up as it was showing as synced on 2nd Feb, and I wouldn’t have a clue how to do that (he said it wouldn’t be possible for me to do it). So a mystery.

Posting in case anyone else has the same problem. Car software is 0561 / Media Codec 3.1.4
That's a new one. Must have been home sick 😂
All ok now?
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Kim H

Post by Kim H »

Yep, reminding it that it was in the real world solved the problem! 😆
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

I would like to ask if anything else went wrong at the same time as the connectivity problems?

The reason I ask is that yesterday my Cupra Born v3 went a bit crazy. It drive ok but the systems had a significant wobble. The issues were noticed as follows:

1. Park Assist parking sensors and reversing camera failed but worked again for a second or 2 then failed again.

2. CLIMA was available but when selected all options were greyed out so no control was available. The fan was running blowing cold air from outside constantly -it was a chilly journey.

3. Heated seats were greyed out and couldn’t be turned on.

4. Lane Assist was not functioning.

5. Dynamic road sign display was not functioning.

6. Reset to factory settings was used but although everything appears to be reset, it reported that return to factory settings had failed.

7. All the above problems remained after the reset and it was not possible to reconnect the car to my Cupra.

8. Customer support suggested it would need to be seen by dealer.

9. Car parked for a couple of hours and everything recovered and then settings could be rebuilt.

Does any of this sound familiar?
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
NWKent

Post by NWKent »

@rkjm30
Did you resolve those issues?
I am having similar issues.
Thanks
WoT

Post by WoT »

I get those or similar symptoms if i don't click ok to confirm the user account on startup
58kwh v2 Dec 22