Puddle / mirror down lights extra marks in Cupra logo

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
nige

Post by nige »

Anyone else noticed extra marks appearing in the wing mirror puddle lights? Noticed the other day both lights projecting a bit weird now...

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5467.jpeg

At first I thought was maybe water inside the mirror getting on the Cupra logo lens but after few days they still look exactly the same.

Im guessing will need to get booked into the dealer to take a look.
V1 Quasar Grey with Tech pack L

CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

That's really strange looking. Had my Born end of November and mine are normal. Please let us know if you find out what it is. MY first guess was water or maybe the film that creates the Cupra logo has become distorted somehow.
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

This has appeared several times in the German forum. Definitely a warranty issue.
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Just checked mine & there ok👍
V3, Aurora Blue, Beats Audio, Glass Roof
un_born

Post by un_born »

looks like the lens filter has deteriorated. New light required as I doubt they will have the lens filter as a individual part. Warranty should cover it fine.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

I love the Cupra puddle lights, much better than the Renault logo the iD.3 has!
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

Mine has just started to have the same issue. Will see if I can get it fixed under warranty.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
antoniomapinho

Post by antoniomapinho »

Both of mine have already been replaced by the dealer under warranty.
JBorn

Post by JBorn »

Mine's going in on the 17th for a replacement. I already complained about them about half a year ago.... waited 3 months for an appointment and they said that it was water ingress, which wasn't covered under warranty because of "damage marks to the mirror". One in depth study of my mirrors later, there is literally no damage marks to the mirrors at all, car dealerships are lovely aren't they 😡

Totally going to go and knife my mirrors just for the heck of it 🙄

Anyway after complaining to Cupra HQ... they did the usual patronizing spiel, a few hours later I got an apologetic phone call from the guys supervisor, and they booked it in for a second look straight away 😄

It's only the third time it's been in to fix countless warranty issues, not sure I'd go for VAG again

right mirror.jpg

left mirror.jpg

Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Another set of puddle lights gone here as well now.

I'll have to get it booked in at some point, but it's only 18 months old, so might just wait to have it done when I get the first service done.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys