Preconditioning schedule and heated wheel

All CUPRA Born related discussions
nige

Post by nige »

Does anyone know if its possible to turn off heated steering wheel when precondition the car on schedule?

Noticed its always on when scheduling the car to be ready, and it never on the min setting either! seems a bit odd as must be a power hungry feature.

It is nice to hold and drive when cold though sometimes a little too hot!!

I guess its maybe a setting somewhere in the cars menus? Certainly not the app as thats just a waste of time for most things!! :lol:
V1 Quasar Grey with Tech pack L

Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Mine does this and it annoys the hell out of me, no setting prevents it that I can find, including the one that’s related to temperature as that setting is off on mine. I’ll test it to verify that it’s related to the scheduled pre-conditioning as I think mine does it randomly at start up, pre-condition or not.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Born Leccy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:26 pm Mine does this and it annoys the hell out of me, no setting prevents it that I can find, including the one that’s related to temperature as that setting is off on mine. I’ll test it to verify that it’s related to the scheduled pre-conditioning as I think mine does it randomly at start up, pre-condition or not.
I never use the heated wheel function and it never pops up on its own when I precondition!
Is it as simple as making sure it's off on the RHS of the Air Condioning/Climate menu and amnesia notwithstanding it will not come on with pre conditioning.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Believe me, I have turned the heated wheel off many many times, but it refuses to die!
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Born Leccy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:56 pm Believe me, I have turned the heated wheel off many many times, but it refuses to die!
😂 I have something similar with the fan speed turning down to NIL and other little irritations.
Why on earth these irritations can't be fixed is a puzzle.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

Mine never does this, but I wish there was the option to set it from the app.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White