Ordered in Australia

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
gallenulenoir

Post by gallenulenoir »

I have ordered a new Born - Aus spec V3 lets call it. Interior upgrade (Beats sound upgrade and better seats) but not the performance pack as it is called here (larger wheels and DCC owing to the hit on range). Apparently we are not getting the HUD on any Borns in Oz at this time. Delivery window is stated as being between May and Nov this year - options mix and colour will determine when.

Am watching with interest the evolving situation with the infotainment issues. I am hoping that while there has been progress - there will be more by the time our vehicle arrives to us (hopefully with the latest available upgrade applied).

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Sounds great, what colour did you go for ?
Hopefully you will get the latest software, ours is coming up to its first birthday and have to say it’s been very enjoyable, still look round every time I park up and give her an admiring glance 😊
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
gallenulenoir

Post by gallenulenoir »

Betty b wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:17 pm Sounds great, what colour did you go for ?
Hopefully you will get the latest software, ours is coming up to its first birthday and have to say it’s been very enjoyable, still look round every time I park up and give her an admiring glance 😊
Went for the silver - which combined with the copper detail I think will look pretty good.
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

gallenulenoir wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:22 pm
Am watching with interest the evolving situation with the infotainment issues…
I had an over the air update as soon as I had set up the car - Media Codec 3.1.4 Control Panel Unit 6085. So encouraging that updates are still coming out.

But there is a bit of lag when selecting the “three panel screen”. So I tend to use the shortcuts to get to the single screen displays which tend to be a bit more responsive.
Cupra Born 58kWh 204ps V1 Vapor Grey
Boxed-in

Post by Boxed-in »

0E163474-D7DF-4CCB-AD43-41A708207F22.jpeg

Should have gone for Red they are faster 😃
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

Boxed-in wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:46 pm
Should have gone for Red they are faster 😃
I really like the red looks great. I would have gone for red if it was available “in stock” but the lead time between “in stock” - which ended up being 7 weeks from order to deliver - and build to order was several months.
Cupra Born 58kWh 204ps V1 Vapor Grey
conrad2023

Post by conrad2023 »

I didn't think OTA was available in Aus
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

conrad2023 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:03 pm I didn't think OTA was available in Aus
It's not, software updates are done at yearly service if there are any pending.
Aussie Born software is a different variant of the UK type due to different features and seems a little more stable without the Mobile connectivity.
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg