Additional user, what can I do?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
un_born

Post by un_born »

I set myself up as an additional user on the app. When I get in the car, I can see my profile. However, on the app I don't see any functionality? All I can see is the born listed in my garage.

Other than that the app has nothing else.

All I get when I open the app is the blue born with a blinking headlight on the left.

Is this right???

MuchTooMuch

Post by MuchTooMuch »

I have exactly the same problem.

There's a duplicate here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=344

We revisited our Cupra dealer two days ago.
They said they'd look in to it...
un_born

Post by un_born »

Thanks for confirming... These cars have so many problems. Forgettting all the infotainment issues... Even the reversing camera is useless, been back once, they 'updated software' and I guess cleaned it somehow, but on mine condensation builds up inside the lens and the camera is just dark and out of focus. I've got pics from the cam in operation now, hopefully means they can actually change it under warranty as what they have done hasn't work.

I'm hindsight I wish I stood my ground and got the Q4 Etron but wifey didn't want such a big car coming from a Mini.
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

un_born wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:16 am Thanks for confirming... These cars have so many problems. Forgettting all the infotainment issues... Even the reversing camera is useless, been back once, they 'updated software' and I guess cleaned it somehow, but on mine condensation builds up inside the lens and the camera is just dark and out of focus. I've got pics from the cam in operation now, hopefully means they can actually change it under warranty as what they have done hasn't work.

I'm hindsight I wish I stood my ground and got the Q4 Etron but wifey didn't want such a big car coming from a Mini.
The reversing camera is the one thing that was miles better on the ID3. On the Cupra it’s too low down and always covered in crap. It was so much better hidden under the boot handle/VW logo on the ID3.
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

un_born wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:47 pm I set myself up as an additional user on the app. When I get in the car, I can see my profile. However, on the app I don't see any functionality? All I can see is the born listed in my garage.

Other than that the app has nothing else.

All I get when I open the app is the blue born with a blinking headlight on the left.

Is this right???
Given it’s an app problem, you might get support from cupradigitalsupport@cupraofficial.com

They’re very picky about what issues they look into, if they feel it’s a car issue rather than app they wont help, they take a long time between responses and I’ve yet to get anything actually fixed by them. Don’t want to raise your expectations too much ;)

They’re currently looking issues I’ve raised with them about the app. It’s doing it right now, battery soc is 75% but app says estimated range is 85mi and the battery e-manage part of the app frequently screws up and shows no charge status and the settings are a blank. I’ve gone back and forth answering incredibly basic questions sending screen shots etc over the past couple of weeks.
un_born

Post by un_born »

Thanks for the email and I got in contact with them. They replied (I'm still none the clearer):

Thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

There is only one main user per vehicle, as well as one guest user and up to 4 logged users. The different roles are described below:
Primary user: the first user who has logged in with his CUPRA ID and completed the
enrollment process. He/she has access to all CONNECT portfolio (data and other
services).
Guest user: in a vehicle enrolled by the primary user, the guest user is an eventual user not identified with CUPRA ID. He/she has access to most of Safety&Service and Online Infotainment within CONNECT services portfolio.
Logged user: in a vehicle enrolled by the primary user, the logged user is a user
identified with CUPRA ID. Up to 4 logged users can be added. He/she has access to most of Safety&Service and Online Infotainment within CONNECT services portfolio.
• Primary user logs in to CUPRA App or My SEAT Portal and goes to Permissions section.
• In Permissions section, click on Invite secondary user and write the guest email.
• Guest user logs in to CUPRA CONNECT App or My SEAT Portal with his/her own SEAT ID
• In Permission section there will be an invitation notification to be accepted. Terms and conditions must be accepted. Invitation is accepted and pending confirmation by
Primary User. The guest has 14 days to accept the invitation

If you have any further questions please contact us by e-mail: cupradigitalsupport@cupraofficial.com, or telephone: 00800 6000 4020. Please make a note of your case number 0001704236.
j4m1eb

Post by j4m1eb »

New here having just received my Born.
My wife set herself up as the main user in the MyCupra app and all works well for here.
Set myself up as an additional user and then app does nothing, just a picture of a blue Born.

Stumbled upon the answer above as to how to get an additional user to have full access to the car setting. The instruction above are for the Cupra Connect App that does allow extra users via the permissions section.

I've emailed Cupra support and they have confirmed that the My Cupra app basically does nothing for an additional user and the only way to access the car is to use the primary user login in the app.

See below. Hope this saves someone the hours I wasted looking for permissions. 😄

Hello Jamie Bishop,

Thank you for reaching CUPRA Digital Support regarding the Additional Users inquiry.

There are three types of users in the Infotainment System of our CUPRA Born cars.

Primary user:
- The first user to complete the enrolment process automatically becomes Primary user;
- Primary users are able to delete other Additional Users. They are also able to see Additional users in their myCUPRA application (section Garage);
- A factory reset is necessary to reset a Primary User through the Infotainment System;
- Can use myCUPRA application on their phone and access the car through it;
- Can set up personalization and use Online Infotainment, including making purchases.

Additional users:
- Other users created from inside the car using the Infotainment System;
- Cannot access myCUPRA application;
- Can set up personalization and use Online Infotainment, excluding making purchases.
Guest Users:
- This an eventual user, that can access most of the infotainment, excluding Online Infotainment and making purchases.

You might use the Additional user, however, you won't be able to connect the application with the vehicle. Or you can use the Primary user, same as your wife.

We understand that this solution is far from ideal, and we sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you experience. We are constantly working on improving our services, and it is good to understand, what exactly we have to improve.

If you have any further questions regarding this, please contact us via email: cupradigitalsupport@cupraofficial.com

Hello Jamie Bishop,

Thank you for reaching us back.

We are constantly working on improvement of our services, and it is possible that the Secondary user feature will be introduced in the future.

Furthermore, you are indeed correct in noting that, as an Additional User, there is no requirement for you to utilise an application. This is because Additional Users are not granted access to the application at this time.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the caused inconveniences. We genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this situation.

If you have any further questions about this, contact us via email: cupradigitalsupport@cupraofficial.com,
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

I originally had a user for myself and another one for my wife. However, there appears to be no benefit to that at all. AFAICT absolutely nothing is stored on a per user basis, not settings or which phone to connect to, nothing. So there is no good reason to have more than one user. Not to mention you have to keep switching users when you get in the car. We nuked my wife's profile and now just use a single user for both of us.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.