Battery Pre-Heat & Overnight Electric Tariff

All CUPRA Born related discussions
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Hi everyone,

I’m currently with Octopus Go where they have the discounted electricity rate between 12:30 and 04:30. The schedule is controlled via my PodPoint charger too and not via the Cupra app.

I’m wondering how would the Cupra battery pre-heating work via the app schedule?

If I’ve understood correctly; setting a pre-heat for say 8am won’t work as the PodPoint charger knows not to provide any power between these times?

Or by pre-heating; are people simply heating the car via the app but not keeping the car connected to the charger?

Many thanks in advance.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:30 pm Hi everyone,

I’m currently with Octopus Go where they have the discounted electricity rate between 12:30 and 04:30. The schedule is controlled via my PodPoint charger too and not via the Cupra app.

I’m wondering how would the Cupra battery pre-heating work via the app schedule?

If I’ve understood correctly; setting a pre-heat for say 8am won’t work as the PodPoint charger knows not to provide any power between these times?

Or by pre-heating; are people simply heating the car via the app but not keeping the car connected to the charger?

Many thanks in advance.
The pre-heating is for the cabin. It doesn’t seem to pre-heat the battery at all.

I use it regularly when it’s cold on a schedule so it’s warm leaving for work and coming home, as it’s nice to get in a warm defrosted car.

The car doesn’t need to be getting power from the charger to work. If the charger is supplying power it will take it from that but it’s much cheaper to let it use the battery instead.

I’m on Octopus intelligent and the charger cuts the power at 05:30am but car still pre-heats the cabin at 06:35 when I leave.