AR-HUD problem

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Thelor

Post by Thelor »

Hia all!
In my Born with software 3.0 all of a sudden the enhanced reality part stopped working for the navigation integration and ACC part. Anyone else suffered from this? Any way to to hard reset the software?
It worked intermittent for a day or two to then not working at all. I've tried infotainment reset.

Regards,

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I would like to help but don't understand what the...."enhanced reality part stopped working for the navigation integration and ACC part" is?
I use ACC and Navigation regularly together and have not noticed anything strange.
I'm also on 3.0.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Thelor

Post by Thelor »

Hia!
It means everything that is supoosed to be displayed above the standard HUD "bar" is not being displayed . Such as the markings it draws on cars it "sees" it tracks and the enhanced guidance for navigation through roundabouts etc.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thelor wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:26 am Hia!
It means everything that is supoosed to be displayed above the standard HUD "bar" is not being displayed . Such as the markings it draws on cars it "sees" it tracks and the enhanced guidance for navigation through roundabouts etc.
Right. I can't say I noticed anything missing on the area above the HUD. I know now what you mean. The Nav integration and arrow animation etc. I will check it out tomorrow.
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
AuroraBlue

Post by AuroraBlue »

Thelor wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:06 pm Hia all!
In my Born with software 3.0 all of a sudden the enhanced reality part stopped working for the navigation integration and ACC part. Anyone else suffered from this? Any way to to hard reset the software?
It worked intermittent for a day or two to then not working at all. I've tried infotainment reset.

Regards,
The exact same happened to me too for the first time yesterday.
Thought the sat nav had ‘forgotten’ the destination and switched off, but it hadn’t.
Not been out today so will give a try and see if it does it again.
Cupra Born V2, Aurora Blue
Thelor

Post by Thelor »

Now I also tried factory reset. Not helping. I also asked a workshop and they replied quite dodging it was more of a software issues they would have a hard time to fix. If not them then who? They referred to cupra digital support which I emailed. - No reply yet.

Edit: Any fuse one should dare to pull to see if a harder reset can get it operational again?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Daveion wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:21 pm
Thelor wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:26 am Hia!
Right. I can't say I noticed anything missing on the area above the HUD. I know now what you mean. The Nav integration and arrow animation etc. I will check it out tomorrow.
Mine is all ok.
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Thelor

Post by Thelor »

I had mine today at the workshop. They could replicate the problem. But no fix yet. They've asked Cupra Techsupport for advice. I'll update when and if it gets fixed.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Thelor wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:14 pm Now I also tried factory reset. Not helping. I also asked a workshop and they replied quite dodging it was more of a software issues they would have a hard time to fix. If not them then who? They referred to cupra digital support which I emailed. - No reply yet.

Edit: Any fuse one should dare to pull to see if a harder reset can get it operational again?
Pulling #19 from the fusebox inside the vehicle has been known to alleviate a wide range of issues. This will reset the ICAS3 entertainment system and HUD.